It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
Talking July Babies - getting very close

I know there have been "July Mommy" posts but I couldnt find any of them so I thought I would start a new one since it is just next month.

Well I will be 37 weeks on Monday Im due July 4th with my third baby a little girl!!!

I have been doing pretty good other than being very uncomfortable and dieing from the heat.
It helps to know that in a little over 3 weeks (well hopefully) I will finally have my little girl. I also like saying that the baby is due next month.
I hope everyone else is doing good.
Its so exciting next month us July mommies will have our babies.

Old 06-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Re: July Babies - getting very close

Hey Robyn,

I know what you mean. All of a sudden, we are up next. It seems like it wasn't very long ago when I was reading about the Feb. '05 moms having theirs and thinking that it would take forever for my time to be here. In some ways it has but in others, it has flown.

Our nursery is about ready, except that I need a changing table. It's funny, I think you can get away without a full-sized crib in the beginning and a lot of other stuff (which we have) but I keep thinking about where I am going to change the little bugger. I suppose a pad on the floor will work for a while. I am on modified bed rest now so no more trips to the baby shops, thank god. I am due on July 9th but for some reason have it in my head that he is planning an early entrance. Maybe it is just wishful thinking!

I'd love to hear from the rest of the July momma's.

-Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 06:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

Hey guys,

I am still hanging in there, but am a bit curious, my baby has been head down since at least 30 wks, could be before, and my dh noticed yesterday that the baby has dropped also, maybe not all the way, but at least some, I can feel it too now. my questions are

1. how long does it take for the baby to drop all the way, and how will you know, or will you know.

2. how long after baby drops can you expect labor?

baby is still moving ok, not as much obviously, but cannot help but wonder if it will be sooner then we all think. I am 34 wks now and hope it will be at least 2-3 more weeks til he/she comes. thanks

glad to see everyone is doing well.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #4
(female)

nita_xx HB User

i'm due july 20th with a little girl who will be called amelia rose,i've been really achey latley and wish i had done more exercise throughout my pregnancy,my midwife said her head was on its way down but not engaged,don't really know what that means in terms of a time scale but i've been convinced i'm gonna go early so i notice every twinge!anyway as long as my little one is healthy she can come when she wants(although 34wks is a little too early!)good luck to everbody else.take care

Old 06-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

I am due July 9th and still feel a lot of movment. It's more of a rolling feeling now rather than kicks. I can also really see him from the outside.

Does anyone else sometimes feel pressure in the vaginal area? I swear that sometimes I feel like he is coming out. Yet, at the same time, I can still see him moving around up pretty high. I go to the doc. tomorrow for my pelvic exam so I am sure that I will find out just what the status is.

Keep sharing. (OK, this is a selfish request b/c I am on bedrest and I check this site abotu a 100 times a day to get news from the outside! I do like hearing about everyone though.)

-Jen

Old 06-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #6
(female)

Sunshine709 HB User

hey I'm due July 9th also.. cant wait for the day to come but I also think it may be earlier .. hopefully.. hehe.. also i feel the same kind of pressure down there like he is pushing his way out..lol.. lately having alot of pressure but not alot of kicks like pressure i guess.. Also i have a bit of achiness in my groin area.. anyone else experiencing this?

Old 06-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #7

busybee HB User

I'm due July 17th and I'm starting to have MAJOR anxiety. We are in the process of selling/buying a house- so I have NOTHING ready for this baby! Augh! I would be terrified anyway....

Old 06-13-2005, 03:00 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hello everyone.

I'm due July 24th so I've still got another 6 weeks to go. I'm still feeling really well and have just stopped working (hurrah!) so I'm much more relaxed now. Our nursery isn't quite finished yet but I've been busy making curtains this last weekend so we're getting there.

The baby definately has times when I don't feel him / her move now and times when he / she is really active. Like others have said it now feels more like pushing and squirming than serious kicking. My baby has also been head down since about 24 weeks (!) but the midwife assures me that it doesn't mean the baby is going to come early. At my last appointment the baby hadn't dropped at all but I'm still only having monthly appointments so I don't have another for a couple of weeks, so we'll see if anything is happening then. I have a funny feeling that I'm going to end up being an August mum! LOL!

Is everyone else having braxton hicks contractions? I don't think I've had any of these. Or if I have I haven't realised what they are. Are they really obvious? Would I know one when I had it or could I not realise what it was?

Hope you are all keeping well and best of luck to those of you who are due earlier in the month.

Spanish

Old 06-13-2005, 04:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Hi Spanish,

I thought I knew what Braxton Hicks felt like but when I went to the dr. the other day I was having one and didn't even know it. She was trying to feel my uterus to determine the position of the baby and couldn't b/c my tummy was so hard. I didn't even know that I was having one. So, you never know.

Good luck in the last weeks.
-Jen

Old 06-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #10
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

I'm due the 14th and I am HOT. UGH. And SO READY to get this kid out of me!!! I still don't have any names picked out, and don't have the baby's room ready or anything, but I'm not stressing about it. I'll be moving in with my mom once the little guy comes, so at some point in the next couple weeks, we'll be getting his/my room ready - had my baby shower weekend before last, so at least I've got all the stuff - now I just need to assemble it all, wash all the clothes and put stuff away! Plus I'm feeling like I should probably have a bagged packed sooner than later, 'just in case'. I feel him moving around all the time - hasn't been any decrease in activity, but like you all said, much more squirmy-pushing type motion than little kicks - you can see my whole belly undulate sometimes! And I get wicked pains in my vagina every now and then, like he's trying to stick his hand through my cervix or something, but they go away pretty quick. Ugh, I'm just ready to finally meet my son! I'm going to try that evening primrose oil in another week or so to see if that speeds things up any...if the weather keeps up like this (95F and so humid you could wrap a towel around your head and take a steam bath on the street), I'll have no problem delivering sooner than later!

Old 06-13-2005, 09:47 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Hey everyone!

I'm technically a July mommy, due the 11th, but I am having my baby in June now. But I still want to post under July mommies!

I'm 36 weeks today, and still hanging in there. I have preeclampsia, so I have to take it a day at a time. I have a dr's appt Wednesday, so she'll let me know when I am having the baby. It all depends on my b.p. I guess. If it's ok this week, then she'll wait to induce until the following week, but if not, then this week is probably it. I'm very scared, I feel it's too early for him to come, but she assured me it isn't. And I do trust her, so I guess I just need to try and relax about it all. Hope everyone else is hanging in there, not too much longer!!! Take care!

Old 06-13-2005, 11:00 PM   #12
(female)

MommyX's3 HB User

Hi Everyone! I am due July 12th, but due to preeclampsia in both of my prior pregnancies my doctor has scheduled me for a C-section July 1st. I can't wait to have my baby and I know what you all mean about being soooo hot. For about the past week I can't seem to stop sweating! I hope everyone is doing fine. We'll all be able to hold our babies very soon!!!

Old 06-14-2005, 04:02 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Ahhhh Relief, at least from the heat. Yesterday's high was 90 degrees with 70 percent humidity. I woke up today to 60 degrees and the promise of no more heat this week. That's the good thing about living in northern New England. Heat never sticks around too long.

I swear that the change in temp. makes my preeclampsia a bit better. I don't feel as bloated. Who knows, it could be psychological.

Hope the rest of you get relief from the heat too.

-Jen

Old 06-14-2005, 08:39 AM   #14
(female)

asumanit HB User

Hi

I am due July 11th and am having a little girl. I am naming her Anastazia Tina.

I am not off of work until June 30th, I am working for the money but I don't know if I will make it that long. I am so sore and tired, what joy. It is all worth it though. Four more weeks and I get to hold my little girl, I can't wait. I am picking up her bedroom suite Thursday night and put her stroller together last night, now I just need someone to put in there and take them for a little ride. I have two cats maybe I could put them in there.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait any longer, this has taken for freakin ever.

Tina

Old 06-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

Hi there - I was due July 1st and now they are telling me that if she doesn't come on her own, they will induce on the 24th! (Of June!). Her head has been down for a month now......all is going well - I did have some Preterm Labor about 2.5-3 weeks ago - but that has slowed. I am dilated to a "2" and my cervix is about 70% effaced. So that really puts me in the June Thread now I know......but as far as the pelvic pain - I have felt that for a while. It's because she is head down and pushing on the cervix!!! Ouch - I know. But it's all good. Just another sign we are closer!

Closed Thread