It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

lil*hottie HB User
Frustrated.....

Ok....Can someone please tell me what to do or help me out...Ok...Heres my problem...My WHOLE pregnancy my doctor has been telling me I am due on June 27th, and when I went to get my level 2 u/s done they agreed...So my whole pregnancy I have thought I was going to have my baby in June...Well on May 31 I went into labor and I was supposed to be 36 weeks and they even let me walk and everything...Well since I stayed overnight my doctor came and saw me at the hospital and was all like you aren't due until July 11 so we are going to give you some Brethine 5mg and have you on bed rest...And I could believe it!! I was like then why have you been saying my whole pregnancy I am futher along than what I am...So I agreed and took the Brethine every 4 hours and tried to stay off my feet...But on June 10 I stopped taking the Brethine, because I don't think it's natural and I believe I am due June 27th...Anyways I started having contractions at 9pm last night about every 5 minutes so I went to hospital, and they turned into every minute to 2 minutes, so they were like you are still to early to have him yet so were are going to give you Brethine...But refused it, because I belive its not natural or healthy...My mother and grandmother all agree that I shouldn't have been on it in the first place...They ended up sending me home because I was not dialating...I was a fingertip dialated and 50% effaced on Tuesday and when I went in there I was 1 cm and 70% effaced...But I didn't change in the 5 hours I was there so they send to come back when I start to bleed, leak water, or have contrations so painful I have to breath through them...So here I am now...So I wanted your guys oppinion on this...Cuz you guys are moms or are going to be...So what should I do or what does it sound like to you...I am just so frustrated right now...Thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
(female)

lil*hottie HB User
Re: Frustrated.....

Anyone...

Old 06-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I am not telling you what to do but..if it were me I would sit and wait for my contactions to get strong and have a baby. And I would ask my dr why my due date has changed.I really hope the best for you and think you should listen to your instincts.Good luck hope I helped.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
(female)

lil*hottie HB User

shelliam-

thank you so much for replying...I am relieved to hear your advice...Again thank you..

Old 06-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I've heard stories of due dates changing, but that is quite a change! You would think they would have noticed during the pregnancy by your measurements. This doesn't make sense to me and I would get another opinion, or like Shelliam said, have that baby! Don't take their crap, listen to your body and do what your body and instincts are telling you.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Why did the dr change you due date? I mean, did he do an ultrasound and change, or measure your tummy, or what?
The whole is just odd. Like RoxyFoxy said, due dates can change mine did three times, but it only went one day difference.
Anyway, even if you aer only 36 weeks, the baby will be fine, so just go on and have that baby!
Let us know!

Old 06-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #7
(female)

lil*hottie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattieos
Why did the dr change you due date? I mean, did he do an ultrasound and change, or measure your tummy, or what?
The whole is just odd. Like RoxyFoxy said, due dates can change mine did three times, but it only went one day difference.
Anyway, even if you aer only 36 weeks, the baby will be fine, so just go on and have that baby!
Let us know!
Cattieos-I have NO idea why she changed my due date...I asked her and she was like our records show that, but then I was like why did you tell me my whole pregnancy that I was due June 27th then? And why would I go almost a whole month without a period when they have always been regular since I was 12? And she NEVER answered me...And when she measures me I am at 38cm or whatever, and I had an ultrasound on friday the 10th and they said I was due on June 21st...And he is 7lbs 14oz. already...So I am just fed up with them right now and I am thinking of going to a different doctor or something but then again I am not sure if that would make a difference since I am so close to being due...

Thank you guys for responding...I will keep you posted...I am still having contractions but they aren't "painful" to me so I am just waiting!

Old 06-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #8
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

lil-Just listen to your body...That is odd they would change your due date by 2wks..But the ultrasound sounds like it confirmed your due date..I would say 7p 14oz already...It doesnt sound like it still has a month in utero..Let us know when that little one arrives...
Ralinda

Old 06-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I don't like your doctor hottie. Sounds like she is not giving you straight answers, which you have a right to get. Go to another doctor, I think it will help you. Its a good idea to get another opinion. Its such a shame to have to go through this so close to your due date. Anxiety and nervousness is bad enough (I assume) at this time for you.

Good luck and I hope everything turns out great.

Old 06-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #10
(female)

Di12779 HB User

Sounds a little odd to me! My doctor tells me everything and if he doesn't I questions him to death! I can't believe they have switched your date on you, when even the ultrasound confirmed the original date. You sound like you are right on with the June 27th date. I am due the 29th and as of last monday I was 75% effaced but not dialated yet. Even if you are early, 36 weeks is not all that bad. I don't think I would ever take a medication to prevent me from delivering it just seems so unnatural and if you are that far along already it sems silly to even bother with it.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:11 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Let me get this straight...You just had an ultrasound on the 10th of June that confirmed you are due on the 27th of June and the baby was 7 lbs 14 oz at that ultrasound? Babies grow at a rate of about 1/2 lb a week the last few weeks of pregnancy! I would ask at what point in your pregnancy did they determine the July 11th date, and insist on another ultrasound NOW on the grounds that you don't believe in taking the meds and want to know the ramifications to YOUR baby if it is delivered now (not the general statistics), assuming the July 11th date. I'm sure they are wrong based on what you've written, but if the ultrasound now still indicates a July 11th due date, you would need to get a steroid shot to ensure that the lungs are fully developed (another reason to insist on another ultrasound which will confirm that they are wrong about your dates). You have every right to refuse their meds and they are obligated to tell you the risks associated with your expressed decisions and take every precaution necessary to ensure yours and the baby's healthcare is not compromised.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

everyone else has said it, and I'll say it too...this is all very strange...and your doctor sucks. Jmcummins, above, put it best...I hope everything turns out well for you!

Jenn

Last edited by im1here; 06-13-2005 at 08:57 AM. Reason: had to post to read entries on last page

Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

I agree with everyone else. A 2 week difference between due dates is a lot. A few days, yes, that's understandable, but again, not weeks. Especially when your doctor is not giving you answers. I'll tell you this much though, I am 36 weeks, and my dr had told me that babies born at 34 weeks have a 95% chance of being perfectly healthy. She also said that by the 36 weeks mark, everything would be just fine, and not to worry about having a baby then, since I am facing a slightly early delivery due to preeclampsia. So yah, like everyone else said, go with your instincts...it sounds like your body is about ready to have this baby, and why stop it? Plus, he's almost 8lbs, which sounds perfect. Good luck, and let us know what happens!

Old 06-13-2005, 12:21 PM   #14
(female)

lil*hottie HB User

Thank you all for your replies...I really appresheate(sp) it...I am unfortunatly going to my doctors tomorrow...And if I go to another doctor I would have to go out of town since I live in such a small town...But I am looking into it right now...Thanks again on your guys help...I will keep you all posted...

Old 06-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #15
(female)

lil*hottie HB User

OMG!! I went back to the hospital at about 5:30 and let me tell you...I want to freaking choke my doctor...I went in because I hadn't felt him move, and I was feeling a sharp jabbing feeling...Well when I went in they put me on the monitors and then they had to stimulate my stomach to get him to move cause he still wasn't moving after an hour of being there...Well he started to move..Thank the Lord!! Well anyways I was still having contactions so the nurse was all like you are having an active stress test so I am going to call you doctor...Well my doctor was all like give her Brethine to stop it, and so the nurse came back in and was like since the doctor says you are only 36 weeks she wants you to have Brethine...And I was like NO I don't want it...So then my doctor called my room to talk to me...Grrrrr...She was such a b****! Sorry...But anyways...She was like you need to take the Brethine and I am sick of you refusing it....Blah blah blah....And then she was all like you are paying me to be your doctor but you aren't even listening to me...SO I was like then I will get another doctor that will listen to me! And she got ****** and put me on a guilt trip saying that if he is born now then he will be sick and have to go to a bigger hospital and that I am not a good mother for letting it happen and I need to think of him instead of myself and everything...So that really ****** me off and I am now thinking what if I am being a bad mother and so on...But tommorrow I am going to call different doctors and see if they will take me and if not then I guess I am stuck with her...So anyways it just seems to be getting worse...And I am sad now cuz I don't know if I am putting my sons health in jepordy...So anyways I will keep you all posted....

Closed Thread