It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

crissy4359 HB User
too early after miscarriage?

i had a mc in february. i was 14 weeks and they gave me a d&c. the doctor said i could have a NORMAL pregnancy in about 3 months. well, i just recently found out i was around 13-14 weeks pregnant. i did not have a full period in march, just like 2 days of bleeding, so i figure thats when i got pregnant. i don't go to the doctor until next week, but i'm worried since the doctor told me it would be 3 mos. for a "normal" pregnancy. someone please help!
also, my friend, who is 7.5 mos, gave me one of those bebe fetal heartbeat monitors so i could hear the heartbeat, but i can't seem to hear the heart! is it still to early to hear it w/ one of those? she said she could hear hers when she was about 15 weeks. this is my fourth pregnancy, counting the miscarriage.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: too early after miscarriage?

I don't know about the "normal" pregnancy part.
But if that monitor is the one that sort of looks like a cd player that comes from walmart or whatever, not very expensive, you won't be able to hear the heartbeat yet.
We got one of the ones like they use at the dr, and even with it, i couldnt' always pick him up until about 16 weeks.
call the dr and make them see you earlier, or if you think there is something wrong with the baby, go to the ER and they can check you out!
hope all turns out well, I will keep you in myprayers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2005, 04:02 AM   #3
(female)

siconik HB User

Hi I had missed abortion and had d&c last year and they told me to try again in 4 months. When I got pregnant exactly after 4 months I had some bleeding and another doctor scared me saying I should have wait at least 6 months to allow the uterus to recover for the new pregnancy, but everything looks good so far.
For the heartbeats, it could be too early, wait for the doctors to detect it.
Try to be positive, do not be too worried, if it is meant to be, it will. Just take a good care of you, rest and relax.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

I htink your doctor meant "normal" as in ot a high isk for complications...not birth defects. The only thing that I can say to hopefully help you feel better is that it happened because it was meant to be. You'll probably be considered high risk (but you ARE past the 1st trimester already so that helps lower the odds of another m/c)...so you'll probably be monitored more closely...if I were you though, I would demand that they see you sooner, just to get things checked out.

Good luck to you!!

Jenn

Old 06-23-2005, 12:12 AM   #5

Mrz Roman HB User

I had a m/c in december of 2002 and was told to wait at least 3 months to try to get pregnant. But, one night about a week after my m/c dh and I had unprotected sex. And I was pregnant before christmas. I was in denial when I didn't get a period, but, I just thought the m/c had affected that. So I didn't know, I was pregnant until about 12 weeks. My pregnancy went fine and I have a healthy 22 month old. My doctor was concerned about me getting pregnant so soon. But, he said it didn't mean I couldn't have a healthy prengnacy.

Like the last person said you should demand to be seen sooner. For your peace of mind.

Good Luck

Closed Thread