It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Emotional Basketcase!

I need some advice to keep my mood level. My fiance is going away tomorrow for 3wks. We decided to stick to our plans after we found out we were pregnant, so he's going home, and I'm going home in 10 days. Now here's the thing. Now that he is leaving I am crying uncontrollable, I feel like such a fool! Even as I write this I'm crying. I agreed this was a good idea, and now I feel I am being left alone. I don't want to put this on him right now, I want him to have a good trip, but I am so sad. I don't know how to think good, positive thoughts. My pregnancy worry is coming through as well. I don't want to say what, but I am thinking negative thoughts about what could happen.

Anyway, I just want to stop crying and stop worrying so much. Its only 3 weeks, right? What is wrong with me?!?!?

Old 06-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

missTee HB User
Smile Re: Emotional Basketcase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyfoxy
I need some advice to keep my mood level. My fiance is going away tomorrow for 3wks. We decided to stick to our plans after we found out we were pregnant, so he's going home, and I'm going home in 10 days. Now here's the thing. Now that he is leaving I am crying uncontrollable, I feel like such a fool! Even as I write this I'm crying. I agreed this was a good idea, and now I feel I am being left alone. I don't want to put this on him right now, I want him to have a good trip, but I am so sad. I don't know how to think good, positive thoughts. My pregnancy worry is coming through as well. I don't want to say what, but I am thinking negative thoughts about what could happen.

Anyway, I just want to stop crying and stop worrying so much. Its only 3 weeks, right? What is wrong with me?!?!?

Being pregnant is very scary ( exciting at the same time) especially with your first cuz you have no clue what to expect.Negative thoughts are VERY normal in pregnancy. With my first, if I didn't feel her kick continously, I used to think that I was going to birth a still-born.I dreamt of horrible things too.Its very normal.But what you must remember is all that worrying will only harm the baby. I understand you will miss him and you probably don't want him missing anything.When my husband and I got pregnant the first time he was called to active duty (national guardsmen) and missed the first 10 months of our DD life. I was a reck! He was allowed to come home a few times and as luck would have it he was home the night I went into labor a week early!!!!Which was a HUGE fear of mine, that he would miss the actual birth and I would have noone to be with. So try to relax, think of the baby. You need to make sure that you are not stressed out cuz it can harm the baby.Yes it is only 3 weeks...but when your hormones are raging because of pregnancy it can feel like an eternity.Tell him how you are feeling.Let him know that you are having mixed emotions.You'll feel better. And there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you.You sound like a typical prego! Those emotions get the best of us.I just had our second baby and my brain is still out of service and my emotions are still up and down.You'll be fine hun, as long as you take care of yourself.And try not to over stress yourself out.You'll be stressed out anyway.Well, good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Re: Emotional Basketcase!

Wow, I needed that. Thanks for the words, they do make me feel much better, especially knowing what you went through. I'm going back home on the 22nd, so I'll feel much better being around my family. Thanks again.

Old 06-13-2005, 05:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Hi Roxy,

How far from home are you? I also forget how far along you are. As Miss Tee said, there is no such thing as "normal" emotions during this time.

My hubby went away for a while and I had a girlfriend come spend a couple of nights. We rented Bridget Jones type movies and ate unhealthy food. It actually turned out to be a lot of fun.

-Jen

Old 06-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Roxy-I am sorry, it is so hard to be pregnant! My DH left for a work trip before I knew, butI was so upset, I cried constantly the entire 7 days he was gone! I think we have all gotten just a slight bit crazy, lol.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I am 17wks today and 600 miles from home. I'm going there next wed, but its still 9 days alone, without him. And right now, I can't stop checking his flight status on the net. This is my first time being pregnant, and I can tell the difference in emotions, its nutts! I must say, I feel better discussing my fears with you all and knowing I'm not alone in this.

Old 06-15-2005, 04:23 PM   #7
(female)

honeyb65 HB User

Hi Roxy, I was a mental basket case when I was pregnant too. The good news is that it doesnt last forever. I had bouts of it all the time. You're hormones are flexuating constantly and your body is changing. Having mood swings is perfectly normal in your condition. However, try to keep a close eye on post partum depression. Chances are you may suffer from that as well. Alot of women do. It's ussually temporary but if it lasts longer than 2 weeks see your doctor you may need an antideprssant. My best advise to you would be something along the lines of "peter pan" for now try to find your " happy thought" think of things or people that make you happy that's what I did and it worked really well. Good Luck and I hope you have a healthy baby.

Closed Thread