It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #1
(female)

hrf1220 HB User
What's going on with me?

Ok...here's my situation. (Some already know, but I will give a quick rundown)...I had a D&C on May 4th. I started having unprotected sex two weeks afterwards and on June 2nd I started getting positive hpts. I thought this could be leftover hcg from my D&C (I was around 9 weeks at the time of the procedure)...I went to my doctor and had quantitative blood tests done. Monday (June 5th) and my hcg level was 14. I went back on Thursday (June 8th) and my hcg level was 10. I also took one of the test that night june 8th and it was clearly negative. my doctor assumed my hcg levels were leftover from my D&C, but still wants me to come back next week for another test (this coming up week). I took 4 hpts tonight and all came back positives. I took two Equate hpts, one Dollar General and one First Reponse. The First Response was a positive, but after about 15 minutes the line faded a bit, but you could still tell it was a positive, just became a faint positive. So here's my question: Do you think these are true positives? I don't think there's any way that I would have a positive hpt if my levels were dropping last week, especially if it was 10 on Thursdayand its now june 13th What do you guys think? Thanks for any input. Oh, and I have NO signs of AF!
also before i had my first blood work done they faint positives were way harder to see then now, these have been all clear positives. any help?

Last edited by hrf1220; 06-13-2005 at 12:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: What's going on with me?

After a D&C you will ovulate 2 weeks after your HCG level reaches 5, and it takes 1 - 4 weeks for this to happen. If you have only gotten down to 10 at your last appt. then it's doubtful you could have ovulated yet.

Hence, chances are that this is leftover hormone from the previous pregnancy. Yes pregnancy tests will still show positive until the hormone level reaches 5 or less. If the positive lines are showing darker than previous tests that might mean your levels are not going down, which could indicate that there was tissue left behind.

Typically, you should really wait one cycle before trying to get pregnant again.

Last edited by kitkat77; 06-13-2005 at 12:44 AM.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
(female)

hrf1220 HB User
Re: What's going on with me?

yeah the lines are darker.... for sure i mean its not even close to the first time..and results showed up fast...thing is these same test after i took one when my level reached 10 they were negative without any line showing at all...not after sitting for periods of time...no sign of any lines...i hope this is it.

Closed Thread