It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User
October moms

Where are y'all? Hope you're all well! Baby kicks like crazy now! You can see her move from the outside now, which dh likes a lot. Have to start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now instead of every 4. Also have to set up my sugar test in about a week or so. We had our regular 2d u/s in May, but now we're thinking about getting the 4d one done for fun. Anyone else doing that or thinking of it? I finally have a pooch in my belly! I was tired of looking just bloated all the time. Anyway, hope you ladies are all doing fine.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User
Re: October moms

I feel movement through-out the day. They aren't really strong yet. I'm 20 weeks preggers with the EDD Oct 26. My last ultra sound revealed that my placenta is in the front of my uterus. So I think it kind of works as a shock-absorber between my baby boy and I!

It will be interesting the day it moves, and I get a swift hard kick.. WOW. what was that!? ha ha

I'm trying to register for gifts, but it's been hard. It's my first baby... so I'm not sure which things are silly and which things are necessary. I can't wait to start decorating the baby's room. But we are waiting for an addition to be completed on our house first.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
(female)

emilyallison HB User

I am 22 weeks and also feeling all the kicks, but my hubby can only feel them sometimes. I havent seen my belly move yet, but I will defeintily start looking harder now! Ive been having severe pain in my lower abdomen, but my Dr says its just my round ligaments. It sucks and hurts, but at least the babys fine!
Are we supposed to being seeing the Dr every 2 weeks now, instead of monthly? My Drs receptionist said nothing about that to me at my last appointment!

Old 06-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

Hi girls. I will be 24 weeks on Thursday. Time is flying by. I feel like i have so much to do before my daughter arrives. I feel her move now quite often throughout the day. I also can actually see my stomach moves sometimes. It is so cool. I love when i feel her move. Anyway where are all the October moms? It seems there were many more of us and they just dissapeared.

I go back to the Dr. next Wednesday and they will be giving me the sugar test. I am not sure if they give anymore sonograms from this point forward. Any insights?

Old 06-14-2005, 06:36 AM   #5
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyallison
I am 22 weeks and also feeling all the kicks, but my hubby can only feel them sometimes. I havent seen my belly move yet, but I will defeintily start looking harder now! Ive been having severe pain in my lower abdomen, but my Dr says its just my round ligaments. It sucks and hurts, but at least the babys fine!
Are we supposed to being seeing the Dr every 2 weeks now, instead of monthly? My Drs receptionist said nothing about that to me at my last appointment!
You're doctor will tell you when. Also I'm do at the very beginning of October. If you're do later in the month, you probably don't have to worry about it yet.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #6
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl224
Hi girls. I will be 24 weeks on Thursday. Time is flying by. I feel like i have so much to do before my daughter arrives. I feel her move now quite often throughout the day. I also can actually see my stomach moves sometimes. It is so cool. I love when i feel her move. Anyway where are all the October moms? It seems there were many more of us and they just dissapeared.

I go back to the Dr. next Wednesday and they will be giving me the sugar test. I am not sure if they give anymore sonograms from this point forward. Any insights?
I think sonograms after this point are elective, like the 3d and 4d ones. I think we're going to have one, not really sure. They run about $150-$400, depending on the package you get. We're moving into a new house two months before our baby girl is born, so I feel really, really chaotic right now! Too much to do! It's all kinda fun though.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:46 AM   #7
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Time has flown by, but its also going slow. Im 23 weeks tomorrow and I have a definite belly. She moves and kicks like crazy and always on my bladder.. I go in for my glucose test on the 28th and not looking forward to that.YUCK.. My m/s is under control by taking Reglan so I think I may have finally gained some weight. I had lost 10 lbs right off and only gained 2 back at my last appt. But Hanna (thats her name) is right on target with her growing and shes healthy so far. Im getting ready for her , but it seems like I dont have enough time.. Anyone else feel like that? My DH has felt her move and kick but its till not very hard. I can see my tummy jump when she kicks too. I love the feeling of her moving inside and growing. Just wish she would find something other than my bladder to kick on..lol Lately she has been up alot more during the morning and the evening. They say they react to cold drinks and certain foods now. She will kick me when I first start drinking Ice water. I think its cute..

Last edited by wyliemom; 06-14-2005 at 06:50 AM.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #8
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

I wish my baby would start kicking harder :-) But I'm sure I'll get enough kicks in my third tri-mester. I can feel him move...but it's pretty subtle.

No more u/s ? Darn, You know when we went to find out the sex of the baby they didn't give us a picture :-( I'm SO dissapointed. You see the radiologist puts a report in a sealed envelope for your midwife to go over with you. At my first U/S they put the photo in with the report. But this time... NO PHOTO and the first u/s was only at 11 weeks (to date the baby). Urrrr. I'm so dissapointed. This is my first baby and i REALLY want pictures.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

Hello everyone
Due oct 1. here go in for sugar test on the 11th of next month and will be having u/s number 2. Hopefully I can find out the sex of the baby then. I feel kicks nonstop sometimes can get uncomfortable. The baby is most active once i laydown to get ready to fall asleep and then non stop. I can also se baby move from the outside its creepy..LOL.
monica

Old 06-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

Does anybody know what the Glucose test involves. I am scheduled for next Wednesday. Also, what is everybodys baby weighing in at? When i went for my ultrasound at just about 21 weeks, the Dr. told me she was just under a pound.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #11
(female)

wyliemom HB User

The glucose test is where they test you for gestational diabetes. So they give you a orange syrup drink and you drink it real fast then they wait about 30 min I think to test your blood. My test is on the 28th. When I went in for my u/s I was also 21 weeks and my baby weighed 14oz! Im due Oct 11th

Old 06-15-2005, 07:44 AM   #12
(female)

Teresa10x05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessthemess
I think sonograms after this point are elective, like the 3d and 4d ones. I think we're going to have one, not really sure. They run about $150-$400, depending on the package you get. We're moving into a new house two months before our baby girl is born, so I feel really, really chaotic right now! Too much to do! It's all kinda fun though.

i didnt have to pay for a 3D or 4D my last u/s i went to, the doc automatically did it, i have a 4D pic of my little mans face and arm and hand(hand was by his face) it was awesome!

Old 06-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #13

Maxx09 HB User

Just checking in to see how everybody's week has gone. Mine has been good. Is anybody swelling yet from the heat? I can't walk outside without my feet and hands doing it. I also live in Texas and it is ALWAYS hot here. Baby has been doing gymnastics lately....I wonder if she ever sleeps! Well, ya'll enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a good week!

Old 06-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #14
(female)

JAMIE0512 HB User

hello everyone, im due oct 10th... so far no swelling thank goodness!! and as far as weight, baby was 1lb 1oz at 23 weeks, but iwas only told that he was underweight... same as my first who was also born underweight!! and kicking, i think he is playing soccer in there, forget about it....... lol
oki i hope everyone is doing well with their bellies!! hang in there girls... only a few more months!

Old 06-19-2005, 07:26 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIE0512
hello everyone, im due oct 10th... so far no swelling thank goodness!! and as far as weight, baby was 1lb 1oz at 23 weeks, but iwas only told that he was underweight... same as my first who was also born underweight!! and kicking, i think he is playing soccer in there, forget about it....... lol
oki i hope everyone is doing well with their bellies!! hang in there girls... only a few more months!
I go back to the Dr. on Wednesday for my sugar test. As far as weight, when i was 21 weeks they told me that she was just under pound and nobody said anything about being underweight.

On a different note, my legs are starting to jurt when i am on them all day. I am use to sitting behnd a computer and i guess my legs arent use to the extra weight. How everyone had a good week.

Closed Thread