It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

karenshawfl HB User
Menopausal Pregnancy???

I have spent the last 6 years going through the change of life and (finally) seven months ago I saw my last period. Several days ago I noticed my nipples are very sore; my back is killing me; I feel very bloated and bottom heavy. I have also been feeling very exhausted. Since I no longer have periods I can't tell if I could possibly be pregnant. I have known women in their 50's (I just turned 49 this month) who have had change of life babies. I am too shook up right now to take a preganancy test!!! Could I possibly be pregnant? Someone please advise?????

Last edited by karenshawfl; 06-17-2005 at 06:22 PM. Reason: additions

Old 06-18-2005, 05:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User
Re: Menopausal Pregnancy???

I am living proof that you can in fact have a child after menopause! My mom was 45 when she had me, in 1975! I was defintly a shock as she had not had a period in three years and had gone through all the changes three years prior to getting pregnant.
It can happen!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #3
(female)

karenshawfl HB User

Thanks for that pittbulllover! I dont know if I am sad or relieved. Anyone else have anything for me??? Signs; symptoms? I have also noticed funny little pains in my abdomen and (exuse this but...) my vaginal area seems "puffy". Still no nausea or vomiting tho.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test. I know you're scared, but think of it this way, at least you won't be stressed out over the unknown. Let us know when you get the courage to take the test. Good luck!

Old 06-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #5
(female)

karenshawfl HB User

Thanks jmcummins3... i will keep all informed. My daughter is after me now to take a test!

Old 06-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

Often times the symptoms of menopause mimic that of pregnancy. While it is possible to get pregnant, it is also very possible that you're simply experiencing the not so fun symptoms of menopause. The only way you're going to relax is if you take a test. Because really, you're either pregnant or you're not. The sooner you know the better.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Karen, where are you? I've been watching this thread but haven't seen you reply in so long. Let us know if you are pregnant or not!

Old 06-23-2005, 03:03 PM   #8
(female)

icsue HB User

Your body is probably trying to have your period but can't quite do it. I know you could be pregnant but it's very unlikely.....take the test.....I thought the same thing once.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #9
(female)

karenshawfl HB User

Hi all!
Sorry I have not posted in so long. I still have not taken the test! but last night had a major bout with nausea and almost lost my cookies in front of my future inlaws! Since then no nausea but feeling really full like i have eaten a big meal and it is stuck in my throat. Also had some blemishes on my face. I guess these are signs too? I have not told my boyfriend but did let him know I was researching this healthboard regarding my sore nipples and things like that related to menopause. I told him what I learned about still being able to get pregnant even tho I have not had periods in 7 months. He told me that I should expect nothing less then for him to stand by me if a pregancy came to be. This did my heart good since I just turned 49 and he just turned 51. He does love kids tho thank God. I will have to get the courage to take the test. Thanks for being there everyone!

Last edited by karenshawfl; 06-24-2005 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Typos

Old 06-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
(female)

karenshawfl HB User

Hi All
Just wanted to let all concerned know that I finally took a test and it came out negative. Guess my body was trying to start a period after all. Either that or it is too soon to tell... thanks for be there all.

Closed Thread