It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Anyone else due July 14th? Howya feeling?

I feel LARGE! I think the kid is starting to drop - at least that's what my co-workers are starting to say. Sleeping is getting pretty uncomfortable, even with my 5-pillow nest arrangement (when I'm on my side - one under the tummy, one under my back, one between my legs, one for my head, and one for my upper arm to rest on). I actually just got laid off work last week - total shock to me, but the more I think about it, the more psyched I am to be able to take some time off! My company was pretty generous with the severence, since it looks kinda bad to be excessing an 8-month pregnant woman for no apparant reason, so instead of having to go back to work after 8 weeks, I've now got 5 months of fully paid leave. Of course, I won't have a job to go back to, but I think I've got more doors open than closed at this point - and I don't have to go job hunting until fall anyway. SO - if only this kid would make his grand entrance! My vagina looks like some swollen swamp creature thing...hubby was doing some 'landscaping' for me the other night and I was inspecting his handiwork and would not believe that the puffed out alien genitals in the mirror were my own. I *cannot wait* to get my body back! The weird thing is, I feel like maybe my boobs have gotten a bit smaller? Maybe just cause my tummy is getting so big and sticky-outtie. I've got an appt. this Thursday for a checkup and the Group B Strep test...hopefully all will go well. Anyway - would love to hear how you other mid-July moms-to-be are doing.

-Jaybird

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2005, 08:17 AM   #2

busybee HB User
Re: Anyone else due July 14th? Howya feeling?

I am due the 17th. I am starting to notice a few changes. I am having a headache today and it feels so hormonal like the ones I would get with PMS. That makes me wonder? Also I am getting more moody. I am a bit of a moody person- suffer from PMS pretty bad and pregnancy has really mellowed me out...so I am aware of some of the good feeling hormones fading....

Also.....I am suffering from a MAJOR- MAJOR hemmorhoid! It's bad and it is exptremely painful. Watch out! The Dr. said it will only get worse after labor and pushing. It's caused from the increased pressure of the fetus....

I am very excited and can't stand wondering when this sweet girl will make her debut. I feel like it could be any day.

Good luck to you!

Old 06-22-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Sorry to hear about you getting laid off. What a terrible (yet convienent) time to be let go. Second, trust me, your breasts did not get smaller. They just look that way compared to your baby belly. Third, I swore my vagina shrank after having my son, but maybe it was just extremely swollen during my pregnancy because it's half the size it use to be.

Anyway, I was excited to have my son and get my body back too until I realized that it's not that easy. Yes, I gained 50 lbs and lost 40 of it, but my skin is still streched out to the point where I look 2-3 months pregnant (beer belly look) and I am 6 weeks post partum. I also have ugly strech marks all over it.

I lost 15 lbs in the hospital (but my son was 9 lbs of that) and then lost the other 25 of it at home. I was taking care of my son on my own though and didn't have the time to eat. I'd say I lost those 25 lbs in a week or two. I don't think I would of lost it that fast if I had extra help around the house and with my son though because then I would of had the time to eat.

I think I was in this mentality that I was going to look the way I did before I had my son and it hasn't happened yet. Piece of advice though - after you have your baby, get rid of the idea that you get to keep eating all the time because you definately won't lose weight that way! When I was in the hospital they kept giving me these tiny portions for meals and I was like, "this is it?" but in all honesty you just can't go back to eating all the time

Last edited by Frynd1; 06-22-2005 at 11:44 AM.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

Lynn - thanks for your comments. I've definitely got it in my head that I'll start looking 'normal' again after he's born...but I'm giving myself a good 3-4 months to start getting back in shape - I've gained 60 lbs. so far, so I'll have my work cut out for me. At only 6 weeks post-partum though, you shouldn't worry about 10 extra pounds - they'll come off. But the stretch marks...when did you get them? I don't have any yet and am getting kinda paranoid that one of these days they're going to pop up all over.

I think my rib cage has shrank a bit due to things dropping lower? The bras I bought earlier on fit again - a 40 instead of a 44. Still a D/DD though - I don't think that's going away any time soon. And I'm super glad to hear that your vagina is half the size it was, cause mine is gigantic at the moment and I want my regular one back!

BusyBee - sorry to hear about your hemorrhoid! That sounds awful. Thankfully I've been spared them thus far, but I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch...who knows what'll happen during delivery. Lynn - did you get any?

Old 06-23-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

After you have a baby, even if you do lose the weight, your skin will still be streched out. Buy support-top underwear (they come in thongs) and it should help tighten things up under your clothes. I still can't wear my pre-pregnancy clothes yet though.

Yes I swear things have shrunk 'down there' and chances are, yours will too.

I didn't have any hemorrhoids during my pregnancy but got them when I was pushing my son out. I didn't know it until a nurse told me though. It isn't painful. Just dont wear a thong. You can't wear them for the first month or two anyway 'cause you'll be bleeding. Oh and your boobs will still grow cause your milk hasnt even come in yet. I think that was the worst part of it all for me. My advice is to invest in the expensive breast pads cause the cheap ones leak

Old 06-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Oh bty Jaybird, didn't get my strechmarks until the last few weeks of pregnancy...and boy did I get them! I look like I should be a spokes person for a strechmark cream commercial

Closed Thread