It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

kristinlee HB User
when is spotting a concern?

last night i started spotting. i'm 6 weeks along. the spotting is brown and very faint (probably wouldn't notice if i wasn't looking for it) and only on the tp (no panties). i called the doc today and talked to the nurse, who asked if i had sex recently. i had, sunday night, and she said this sometimes can cause some spotting. she just told me so long as it's not accompanied by cramping and it's not red, not to worry. but i was hoping it would stop, but it's still kind of there. no cramping, no pains, nothing. but... i'm concerned. has anyone had this happen to them? how long did it last? i'd like to blame it on the full moon if i can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
(female)

lady68 HB User
Re: when is spotting a concern?

Hello Kristenlee,

Its only normal that you are concerned about your spotting. When I was pregnant I started spotting at 6 weeks too. It was very faint and it was also brown. The brown spotting lasted till the 8th month. I never had any pain or cramping of any type. My doctor was not too concerned about it, she told me as long as its not red I would not worry about it....I insisted to get some
tests done at around five months cause I was only worried and checking every hour for any new blood. The doctor ordered me a colposcopy and apparently I had a fragile cervix that would bleed once in a while. I had a normal delivery and baby.
I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Best of luck.

Lady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I had the same bleeding during the first trimester of my pregnancy, I must have had 5-6 u/s, brown blood is considered old blood, but it is also a sign of threatened m/c as my doc put it, normally it won't mean anything, but I am kinda surprised they are not sending you for u/s just to be on the safe side. It prolly is nothing, mine evidentally meant nothing, I am 35 wks and almost done lol, don't worry too much, the more you worry, the more problems you will have. good luck

Old 06-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

Border3899 HB User

Last week i had to go into the ER for heavy bleeding and very bad cramping, i'm 10.5 weeks along. The Pelvic exam looked good and so did the U/S. The bleeding has stopped and i had a follow up U/S today which was still good, heart beat and very active little baby. Doctors have no clue what caused my heavy bleeding, i'm relieved everything is good, if i were you i would still look into an U/S to make sure everything is alright. My doctor said many women will have light spotting throughout their pregnancy, but heavy bleeding and cramping is always a sign for concern. Best of luck to you!!

Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

I started spotting at around 20 weeks with cramping. I went to L&D and they had no clue why I could have been spotting. They said it can happen but you should always call your Dr to be on the safe side. After that day the spotting stopped and never happened again and now I have a beautiful 2 week old lil girl!! I'm surprised too that they aren't doing an U/S though. My Dr did one that day.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 06-21-2005, 10:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Hello! My doctor is ordering the HCG quants but then again I have a history of m/c.

I think it would at least offer some peace of mind to have the quants or an U/S done. If you're having a hard time feeling comfortable with the situation it might be a good idea to request one or both of the tests.

My cousin had an anxiety disorder and has to be off her meds during preg. Needless to say she's a wreck. The doctor has always been more than willing to run tests for her to reassure her that everything is okay (even when her fears were entirely irrational).

I hope you're able to relax.

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Closed Thread