It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
When do the painful kicks start?

I am just about to start my 26th week. The baby moves all the time but it seems she is constantly doing somersaults. I know there is a point when there is not that much room for them to move so the kicks start to really feel like kicks, but at what point is that?

Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User
Re: When do the painful kicks start?

I felt all sorts of movement, rolling, real kicks, odd flutters but nothing painful, until last night. I too am 26 weeks.
I was trying to go to sleep when one of my little ones started, as I can only describe and guess, pulling on their umbilical cord. At least thats what it felt like and it hurt like HECK! Either that or they decided to have a boxing match and involve me!
Kicking/standing on your cervix is no picknic either!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm in my 28th week, and I can tell you that the strength of kicking and punching is more obvious & intense than it was just 2 weeks ago. I'm more caught off guard/surprised sometimes...but it doesn't hurt. My doctor told me the kicking should never technically "hurt", and if they do actually "hurt" or create pain, I'm to call his office...it's the contractions during labor that hurt. He said my kicking feelings should feel strong & sometimes they can be uncomfortable, but not truly "painful".

Pittbullover, I get the kicking/standing on my cervix too. With all the kicking and punching going on, the cervix thing is the weirdest sensation I've had of all.
Gayle

Old 06-22-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

In my first pg, as I got farther along, the movements became more like stretching and switching positions...he didn't have room to kick anymore. I wouldn't say any of the movements were PAINFUL...just very uncomfortable. He loved to get me smack dab in the bladder.

Jenn

Old 06-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I agree that the kicks aren't painful...I'm 30 1/2 weeks...but boy does this baby need his nails trimmed, I can feel him scratch me from time to time and that is really uncomfortable, especially when it's down by the cervix. But the kicks are OK.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:42 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

I'm 27 weeks and I get the really hard kicks from time to time. I don't mind it them when they are mid belly. But when she starts in on my cervix and bladder, WOW. That is what I find to be the most uncomfortable. For the last two days I've been trying to flip her around by changing positions. She FINALLY today switched and is now kicking mid belly again...Thank God!

Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

The cervix kicking is funny. lol Not because I don't feel sorry for you guys, I do. It's funny because I thought I was the only one getting those terrible little things. Mine do hurt a bit, just a quick stab. The worst is when I'm standing there at work and I know I have this funny look on my face. I was joking last week that I must have a pretty strong cervix or a foot would have come out by now. I can't wait till he flips over.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #8
(female)

wyliemom HB User

I thought I was the only one experiencing these cervix/bladder stomping. It is the weirdest feeling. Sometimes I say wow, I dont see how her foot isnt coming throuh. I too cant wait until she turns. By the way when do they usually turn?

Old 06-22-2005, 01:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

kierrasmommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...please describe what this fingernail scratching feels like. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.

One of my pregnancy books said the fingernails of the baby have now reached the end of the fingers at 28 weeks...sounds like if that is going to happen to me, it will probably start up in the next couple weeks. I'm hoping I don't have that.
Gayle

Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

GAYLE and Kierasmommy, you have both freaked me out about the fingernails!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CREEPY! And I have 20 fingers to scratch me in there.....
I just got goosebumps thinking about it. I really hope that doesn't happen to me!

Old 06-22-2005, 02:29 PM   #11
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

I'm at 25 weeks, and I just started to get kicks that are a little uncomfortable. My husband put his hand on my stomach and she kicked the hardest I have ever felt her kick. It's like I'm her personal punching bag! Also, sometimes she positions herself in such a way that I feel so much pressure, I think I'll burst! Atleast we know we're harboring stong babies ladies!

Old 06-22-2005, 02:31 PM   #12
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Woah, I didn't read the fingernail post at first! That makes me woozie just thinking about it!

Last edited by Jessthemess; 06-22-2005 at 02:32 PM.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

When can other people actually feel the kicking?

Old 06-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Roxyfoxy, I think my husband started feeling the kicks from the outside around Week 24. I think if he would have been patient enough to keep his hands on my belly longer than 30 seconds at a time, he may have felt them a little sooner, but not too much sooner than that.
Gayle

PS: Still checking back to see if Kierrasmommy has seen the fingernail questions. If she doesn't respond overnight, I'll post a separate thread for her tomorrow morning.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:06 AM   #15
(female)

RebbieO HB User

I'm 27 weeks and have only just started feeling somersault-type movements. I felt flutters/gurgles from about 17 weeks but nothing really obvious till this last week. I'm also intrigued about the fingernail thing - you must have a very sensitive womb or be very ticklish, 'cause if kicking only feels like a slight prodding to me, then I don't think I'd be aware of fingernail scratches.

I've been very bad at doing my pelvic floor exercises, but every time I feel a bit of movement it reminds me to do them, which is a good thing as I really don't want to end up having 'accidents' later on in the pregnancy or after the baby is born!

Rebbie

Closed Thread