It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User
Question bad pain in pubic bone

I am 33 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. I started having pubic bone pain in my 2nd trimester but not this bad. It is to the point where it hurts me to walk, get out of bed & etc. I mentioned it to my doctor my last apt. but he said it was normal & didn't say anything else about it. This has never happened in my other pregnancies & I want to know is anyone else going through this or has went through it with past pregnancies? I am walking very funny now cause it hurts so bad. If anyone else out there is going through this please tell me what you are doing for the pain??? And can someone please tell me what is causing this?

Chris (33wks2days)

Old 06-22-2005, 05:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: bad pain in pubic bone

The pain is more than likely from your pelvic bones separating to get ready for childbirth.

I had a wicked pain in my side with my last pregnancy that I did not have before - the doctor told me it was normal as well. All I know is that I had to crawl around on all fours when the pain got real bad, and it got BAD. The only thing that helped me was soaking in a warm bath and tylenol!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

KitKat77,
My pelvic bones are seperating??? You know that does sound a bit formilar that the doctor said but he didn't say much. I am having my 4th c-section. I have never went into labor before other than being induced with my 1st pregnancy & ending up having an emergency c-section. So this pain is new to me. Does this mean I may go into labor before 38 weeks? I am scheduled for a c-section at 38 weeks.

Chris (33wks2days)

Old 06-22-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I had it with my first pregnancy and none of my friends knew what I meant, and I've had it with this pregnancy as well. It is normal, my Dr explained it's because when you are pregnant, your body releases a hormone that softens all your ligaments so that your bones can move and make room for the baby and when labor starts the bones can spread. When you are laying on your sides to sleep, you are putting pressure on those ligaments and bones, sometimes enough to make the bones overlap...in my first pregnancy I could actually hear my bones rubbing together when I rolled over...haven't heard it yet this time other than the bones popping...anyway I sleep with a full body pillow folded over in half wedged between my thighs...as close to my pubic bones as possible, but not supporting my knees as that takes the pressure off the bones...I remember later in my first pregnancy I also used a heating pad set on low...but only use the kind with auto shutoff... I would have the heating pad next to my sore bones then the body pillow to take the pressure off the bones but also to hold the heating pad in place. That seemed to work well. Other than that it does go away shortly after delivery once all your bones return to their proper places. Goodluck.

Closed Thread