It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

Amber81499 HB User
Unhappy Dilated

Hi! I had a doc appt on Monday and he said that I was thinning and was dilated to 3. Monday night I had some really strong contractions for a 4-5 hours but they never stayed consistant. Any idea how long you can be dilated to 3? I was only dilated to a 4 when I went to the hospital with my first baby and I just feel like this kid is never coming out. Plus it is SO HOT and I am really just getting cranky and frustrated. Also, when you go into labor isnt there a general rule about when you can get the epidural like.....after you are dialated to a certain point and then once you get to a certain point you cant have one anymore? Thanks ladies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: Dilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber81499
after you are dialated to a certain point and then once you get to a certain point you cant have one anymore? Thanks ladies.
Yeah i've heard that before and i asked my nurse when I was in labor how far I could go before I couldn't get the epidural any longer and surpringly she said I could get it at anytime. I thought I heard her wrong so when I asked if I could possibly get it at 9cm if i needed to, she reassured me that i'd be okay....*weird?* Just go ahead and ask and I"m sure they'll tell you, i dunno if it really varies from hospital to hospital? I really hope you get to feeling better. Its gotta be rough being pregnant ESPECIALLY in the summer. The AZ heat is ridiculous!...May was just as hot as december it seemed like! lol* Best of luck on your delivery.

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 06-22-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
(female)

lady68 HB User

I was dilated at 3cm for the last 3 weeks, so I guess you can stay like that for quite a while.

Good Luck,

Lady

Old 06-23-2005, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My mother was dialted to a three for three to four weeks with me. I was dialted to a two for lord knows how long. I was at a two when I was first checked but they didn't check me until I was almost 39 weeks because I didn't know I was having contractions. Well I walked into the hospital at a six and didn't know I was in labor (was going in to be induced) and they told me I could have the epidural at any time I wanted but I opted not to have it. Then after 10 hours they told me I had to have it then or never 'cause the hospital was so busy so I just got it done but I think they can give it to you at any time as long as you aren't getting ready to push. I know some people say they wont let you have it past a 4-7 but if you're labor isn't going at lightening speed then I would think they'll letchya have it.

Closed Thread