HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   Kierrasmommy...baby scratching in uterus!!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/297301-kierrasmommy-baby-scratching-uterus.html)

Gayle0000 06-23-2005 05:04 AM

Kierrasmommy...baby scratching in uterus!!!

Kierrasmommy...Oh my word...you mentioned in another thread how your your baby needs it's fingernails cut because you can feel the scratching inside the uterus.

YIKES!!!! That is really creeping me out...and it creeped out a few others on that thread. You got several comments when you mentioned it, so I'm starting another thread on it to get your attention.

Can you please elaborate on what this scratching feels like & any other thoughts or descriptions you have? You said you are in your 30th week.
Thanks,
Gayle

Gayle0000 06-24-2005 04:33 AM

Re: Kierrasmommy...baby scratching in uterus!!!

Bumping up.

kierrasmommy 06-24-2005 10:53 AM

Sorry guys, I haven't been online for a day or 2...long story...didn't mean to scare you, it isn't painful, but feels exactly like it would when those baby thin nails would scratch you on the outside...only inside...kinda hard to explain, but I know a few times I've kind twitched because it caught me offguard...when I was pregnant with Kierra I asked a friend of mine if thats what she thought it was and she said she felt it too and agreed that's likely what it was. I noticed it in my third trimester and once Kierra was head down it was always on the lower part of my uterus where she could reach so that's why I'm sure that is what it was...but don't be alarmed...it's not that bad. Hope that helped, let me know if you have any other questions.

wondering1979 06-24-2005 02:40 PM

oh my . I never had that happen to me. sounds painful

Gayle0000 06-24-2005 06:18 PM

Thanks for explaining. The visual I have in my head is from the movie "The Silence of the Lambs" where the girl is being held down in the pit at the crazy guy's house. When she returns the lotion in the basket, the light bulb attached to the basket allows her see the scratch marks and the fingernails embedded in the stone from past victims trying to escape. I'm just seeing the inside of the uterus full of scratch marks like that. I'm weird...I know.
Gayle

kierrasmommy 06-24-2005 09:19 PM

LOL. Never saw that movie, but no not painful, just uncomfortable...and it happens so rarely that it isn't an issue. Not all my friends have experienced that feeling either so it may not happen to everyone, I'm going to ask my OB at my next appointment on the 7th, but I'm 99% sure that's what it is, I had it with both pregnancies and it feels so much like I described, and once Kierra was born I never experienced it again until recently with this pregnancy, so that is the only thing I can think it could be...but you all have me second guessing now. I'll let you know what the OB says.