It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 05:36 AM   #1

Britt130 HB User
Confused...

This is a long one, so let me apologize in advance..
For about a month now I have been exhausted, my breasts have been swollen and tender, I have an increase in discharge, and am occasionally nauseous. I was due for my period yesterday and still have not started it. I took an HPT this morning and it came back negative. Could it be too soon to test positive or are the symptoms indicating something else? I should also add that I'm on BCP, so it's irregular for my period to be delayed. Thank you for your responses.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
(female)

kcherrywa HB User
Re: Confused...

The nausea and tender breasts are really common symptoms for the first weeks of pregnancy. However, it's odd that the symptoms started a month ago. Either it's not pregnancy related; or if you have really long cycles, you could be pregnant; or if you have regular or shorter cycles, what you thought was your last period could have been just implantation bleeding (about a week after conception, when the zygote attaches itself to the wall of your uterus), and you actually are pregnant.

It is possible your pregnancy test was negative because, the way I understand it, the Human Gonadotropin that it measures takes a while to build up in your system after conception... I'm not sure, your body may not even start making it until implantation. Wait a couple more days & test again, first thing in the morning, with your very first urination that morning. That's when the HCG will be most concentrated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
Re: Confused...

It could be stressed or hormoan related or you could be pregnant. Some women take longer than others to build up an amount of hormoans. I had a friend who had to take numerous pregnancy tests before they came back positive because her hormoan levels were so low. I would do what was suggested before , wait a few days and test in the morning. If you then get a nergitive I would make and app. with my doctor to see what is going on. Good luck.

Closed Thread