It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 06:03 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User
Being Induced Friday 6-24-05

Hi all! I am being induced tomorrow. I don't know what to expect. I have dilated to about a 3 and I am about 70% effaced (since this past Monday anyway!) So I guess you could say I am a little nervous and anxious about it, but excited at the same time. I am suppose to call in the morning to see what time they want me to come in to get started.

What experiences have any of you had that have been through this before? I have heard more people than not say how more painful it can be???

Old 06-23-2005, 07:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: Being Induced Friday 6-24-05

I can't answer your questions...I having my first. I just want to say good luck and it's normal to feel nervous! I'm sure it will go just fine.
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

two of my girlfriend were induced... one was last week and the other was 3 months ago... it is painful for what they said and from seeing the video of both of the births... but they are both fine now... but being induced is forcing your body to get the baby out... just the sound of it let you know its not going to be a walk in the park... but im sure it will all be fine in the end... let us know how you do.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
(female)

dannysmom HB User

I was induced with all 3 of my kids. It wasn't really that bad, although I have nothing to compare it to. With my first I had no pain meds but with the next two I had epidurals. If you are planning on having an epidural get it before they break your water. Breaking your water can often lead quickly to intense contractions. Best of luck to you!

Old 06-23-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

Getting induced, plain stunk for me. I was induced with my dd 4 1/2 yrs ago now. They gave me cervadil and I could not get out of bed unless I had to go to the bathroom. while having the cervadil, you cannot go and walk etc, so it does not fall out. It is a little tablet of medicine on a string, that they put under your cervix to thin and get it ready, then again you are pretty thinned out now, so you may not have to have that part of it. The cervadil made me feel bloated and full of air with no where for it to go. I was miserable, then my water broke before they did anything more. They gave me pitocin in the morning after my water broke and that is when I got my epidural, cause I knew if I was like my mom in any way, it was going to hit me hard and I was going to be ready to push within half hour. Well same thing happened to me, half hour later, I was pushing.

Anyway, as long as you don't need the cervadil you may be fine, actually either way you may be fine, but you asked lol, so I told you my story good luck

Old 06-23-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCampbellBill
Hi all! I am being induced tomorrow. I don't know what to expect. I have dilated to about a 3 and I am about 70% effaced (since this past Monday anyway!) So I guess you could say I am a little nervous and anxious about it, but excited at the same time. I am suppose to call in the morning to see what time they want me to come in to get started.

What experiences have any of you had that have been through this before? I have heard more people than not say how more painful it can be???
I was induced two weeks ago. I was 3 and 50% and she still hadn't dropped. At first the pain wasn't bad at all but then I canceled my epidural because she still hadn't dropped so they couldn't break my water and OMG the pain was HORRIBLE. I was stupid and told them to wait on the epidural and then BAM on came the contractions. I mean I had been feeling them but they weren't that bad until then. I was in labor for 12 hours. I went in at 5:30 and paper work took about an hour and a half and then at 7:30A.M they started the pitocin and at 7:41P.M she was born. I was nervous too but it wasn't that bad. My labor with my DS was easy compared to this though. All I can say is get the epidural (if that is your plan) as soon as they say OK because they can up the pitocin and see I didn't know that. I was afraid it would slow down my labor so that is why I canceled it. I mean finally I got it. Hopefully your lil one is down already because I had to push through some cervix because her heartbeat was dropping. All in all it wasn't that bad and ha I'm already saying I'll do it again lol and it's only been two weeks. Good luck and you'll do great!!
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Last edited by InDueTime05; 06-23-2005 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Had an opps

Old 06-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #7
(female)

Location: Originaly from Colorado, have lived in Nevada for 10 years
Cara_Bella HB User

this is probably a little to late you are probably sleeping but i was induced with my 3rd and i tell you it was the easiest labor i had. Only an hour i got really lucky. I would be anxious too though. You are going to be fine.

Closed Thread