It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Protein

I had some blood work done the other day and the doctor told me my protein levels were low. Now although she said it's nothing to be concerend about I am a little bit. Can it harm my baby?
I don't eat meat, but since getting pregnant I have been eating chicken once or twice a week and fish once a week. I try to eat some kind of protein for dinner every night either by eating lentils or beans or chicken. I also eat two slices of cheese in my sandwich for lunch since lunch meat is out of the question, and I eat oatmeal for breakfast.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I had a meal replacement bar this morning which consisted of 15g of protein and but I am a little hasty on eating those bars every day I would much rather have natural foods.
It's so hard to make sure you do everything right and eat the correct amount of protein, calcium, fat, carbs, etc.
Please, any suggestions on how to get more protein without having to eat meat are VERY welcome!

Old 06-23-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User
Re: Protein

Wow - I ate what ever I wanted throughout my pregnancy (even lunch meat a couple of times a week). I never had any problems with my urine tests or bloodwork.
I've never had a weight problem either. I think moderation is key. In my 38th week
my feet started swelling so I cut down of salty foods but it didn't help. My doctor
said some swelling in the 9th month was normal as long as my blood pressure was
fine. Try not to worriy so much about eating. Just enjoy your pregnancy, eat what you want in moderation, and take your pre-natal vitamins.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread