It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

atousah HB User
Toothache & Xray during preg ?!!!

I can't beileve this is happening to me, I made sure I have my teeth checked reularly so when I am preg I don't have to have any work done. Well I started getting this toothache, it is not bad enough to kill me yet, but you know if you ignore it can get nasty. So I went to the dentist on Monday and he thinks it might be an infection so he perscribed antibiotics amoxocyline 250mg 3 times a day for 5 days and he said this is safe during preg. Well today is my third day and absolutely no changeg in the pain. I called the dentist and the receptionst said it should really kick in after 48hrs. Now she said I might have to do an Xray. I have heard that Xray during preg is a no no.

I am so scared, I have no idea what to do. Does anyone know anything about Xray during preg. I am 15weeks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User
Re: Toothache & Xray during preg ?!!!

Most dental work is fine during pregnant. X-Rays are perfectly OK too! In fact letting dental problems go can actually cause problems with the baby.
Take a deep breath and relax, the x-ray won't hurt your baby, just make sure they know your preggers and they will double sheild you fromthe x-ray!
Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2005, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

angelbc HB User

When I went to the dentist a few weeks ago for my x-rays they put not one vest but two vests on me so nothing would hurt the baby. Don't stress you and baby will be fine. Good luck!

Old 06-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I had a tooth pulled around 26 weeks. It was very hard getting a dentist to pull it but my OB made some calls & got it done. I also had to have an x-ray. It was completly safe. My OB & dentist said that the pain of the tooth ache can cause stress to the baby so it is worth getting fixed & not putting up with the pain.

Chris (33wks3days)

Old 06-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Dental x-rays are totally fine when you are pregnant. I did schooling on this. You get more exposure going outside in the sun to radiation then you get from dental x-rays. They will put a vest on you two for protection.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

atousah HB User

Thanks for all your responses. You have really helped in easing my mind.My toothache has gone and the tooth seems settled but if I eat from that side it hurts, so the antibiotics finally helped, but there is something not right. I have an appointment this Thursday, hopefully things will be ok by then

Closed Thread