It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

bacardi73 HB User
Question Slight Placenta Previa

I am 19 weeks pregnant. I had an u/s at 13 weeks to determine due date. My mom is a nurse at our hospital here and she stole a copy of my ultrasound report and we found out that I had a "marginal placenta previa". When I last saw my doctor(at 15 weeks) he never mentioned it so I am sure it is not a big deal and my mom says it is not a big deal. I am just wondering who else has experienced this, what did they feel and how did things turn out. I am finding that my lower belly is very tender and I don't remember that with my first child. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bacardi73; 06-23-2005 at 04:25 PM.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
BabyMomma26

Re: Slight Placenta Previa

I had that with my 18 month old, thats why I had them check this time for it and she showed me where the placenta was and I am ok.
I had this when I was about 16 weeks with my last son, the Dr said NO SEX and do not insert anything into the vagina, or it can be harmful. When I went back at 20 weeks it corrected itself, so yo might be ok! GOOD LUCK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
(female)

cody48 HB User

My daughter-in-law had complete placenta previa and it is very dangerous, marginal isn't nearly as bad but still needs monitoring to make certain that it doesn't progress and hopefully will reverse. I would call my doctor and check with him and in the meantime, be careful and don't insert anything into the vagina or have sex until you talk with the doc. It also could require you to SLOW DOWN and just be smart for a while until this takes care of itself.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

He probably hasn't mentioned it cause it is very common for it to be low in early pregnancy and will in most cases move up as your uterous grows. I had this with my 1st. It caused for additional ultrasounds to chart and see if it was moving and I had the option of a sch C section or trying first, so I chose the Sch C section. I had my first ultrasound with this pregnancy at 10 wks and so far my placenta is higher this time. Don't worry. I had no complications at all, now its alot more dangerous if its completely blocking. Take care, and don't worry.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-27-2005, 06:00 PM   #5
(female)

kstari HB User

Hi. I had this with my one and only pregnancy. It was also slight and was told it would be monitored and would probably move up as the pregnancy went on. (I was never told not to have sex or insert objects as previous posters stated) The placenta did in fact move up and I had no problems.

Closed Thread