It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
I am a punching bag

Sometimes i feel like the baby uses me as a punching bag. Allthough she is moving constantly, i feel her mostly in the moring and late at night. Is the pattern that they move in the womb going to be the same pattern when they are born?

Also, at what point will i start feeling her move higher up. At my last Dr. Visit she told me that my uterus is above my belly button, so why do i still feel movement below the belly button?

Old 06-24-2005, 03:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: I am a punching bag

Babybirl, you should get the "What to Expect" book...either buy it or see your library. They explain a lot about the movements & what is going on inside your body. There's also another book called "Pregnancy Week by Week" which is really good too.

My books explain that sleep/wake patterns start to establish around week 26 or so (that's from memory, so the week may not be exact...but it's pretty close).

People have their theories about whether the baby will be active or inactive after birth based on how it acted in the uterus. I don't think there's a lot of evidence to prove one thing or another. Some babies are fussy, some not. Some are sickly, some not. Some babies have schedules, some not. The surroundings & environment affect this too. I think you'll just have to wait & see.

I just felt the first kick above my belly button line in Week 27. I'm in Week 29 now, and I still feel the majority below. It has to do with the size of the baby and the position. The books explain this stuff well.
Gayle / 29 Weeks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 04:53 AM   #3
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User
Re: I am a punching bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl224
Sometimes i feel like the baby uses me as a punching bag. Allthough she is moving constantly, i feel her mostly in the moring and late at night. Is the pattern that they move in the womb going to be the same pattern when they are born?

Also, at what point will i start feeling her move higher up. At my last Dr. Visit she told me that my uterus is above my belly button, so why do i still feel movement below the belly button?
I feel mine down low too, and sometimes they're actually painful! It feels like she's stomping on my cervix and doing all sorts of crazy stuff in there. I don't know how else to describe this, but at times it feels like she's kicking me in the rear, if you know what I mean. Also, my bladder has become the target of assault....but it's part of the deal I suppose.

Closed Thread