It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
Has anyone heard this before?

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:19 pm Post subject: Has anyone heard this before?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday a huge amount of the mucus plug dislodged and since then I have seen little bits of it every time I go to the bathroom. I called my doctors office after it happened to let them know and the nurse I spoke to said that it doesnt mean a thing that my body will just make new ones and that it does not mean labor is closer than it was before it happened.
Now heres the thing Im not a medical expert, I do not have an OB educatin but I think what that nurse told me was total garbage I have never heard that before and going through three pregnancies I have read and researched everything. I told my mom what the nurse had said, she felt the same as I did she also never heard of that either, but to make sure she asked two nurses that she works with and they BOTH said that what I was told wasnt true. They are geriatric RN's not OB RN's but they are still nurses.
Has anyone else been told that or read it anywhere?

Old 06-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Re: Has anyone heard this before?

I have never heard that before. I know that i didn't loose my whole mucus plug at once. I had pieces of it come out when i went to the bathroom a few times. Then finally one time it was a whole bunch of it. I still didn't go into labor for another like 3 weeks or so. So i think that when that comes out it doesn't mean labor is going to come soon. To me 3 weeks is still a while when your that pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 09:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I heard that before. I don't believe it though. This is why...I lost my plug while in labor and it came out in huge clumps and had blood in it...definately a sign labor was on the way and don't think I grew one back!

Old 06-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

With my first pregnancy I lost the plug, once.

With my second pregnancy the exact same thing happened to me as what has happened to you. The plug came out and I thought "this was it!", but it grew back. For the following 2 weeks I went through bits of the plug coming out and regrowing - it even grew back after my doctor stripped my membranes! My little bambino just didn't want to come out I guess! I delivered 10 days late.

So yes, although it seems unbelievable (I didn't believe it myself) it does happen!

Old 06-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #5
(female)

wondering1979 HB User

My plug came out and i called my doc. and they told me the same thing. but my labor started the same night. and my water broke the same night. so start looking for it. it shoud not be long now.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
(female)

karenshawfl HB User

I only know that when I got the show (the mucus plug) I went into labor immediately. I guess everyone is different there.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:04 PM   #7
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User

Thank you all for the replies, I guess I was really just hopeing that I would be going into labor soon but I guess not - oh well.
I honestly never heard of it regenerating and since with both my first two babies I lost it during labor I thought for sure it meant I would have the baby sooner.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #8
(female)

Mommyof3under4 HB User

I lost my mucus plug at 24 weeks, I went to the doctor, and I was dialited to 3. You may want to get checked. It usually is no big deal, but it will put your mind to ease!!

Closed Thread