It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

worriedinNC HB User
good or bad job to have while pregnant???

hey girls! I hope you are all feeling good and everythings going great for you!
My question is would this be a safe job to have while 18 weeks pg? It's a cleaning kind of like housekeeping job but the list of duties are as follows. i would have to be bending over ALOT to use a shop vac to clean dust and stuff out of cabinets (it's cleaning newely build houses) they use alot of cleaners which i know is not good to inhale...same with dust and stuff. also its working up to 14 hours a day in hot weather. the stuff im most worried about is the dust and chemicals and bending over alot plus the being on a ladder to clean the light fixtures and stuff. just wanted some opinions on whether this would be safe or not and if not what parts are not safe?
thank you guys so much for all your help so far! take care all of you!

Old 06-24-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

karenshawfl HB User
Re: good or bad job to have while pregnant???

I believe as long as your body is used to this kind of work then you should be fine. As for cleaning supplies you can always wear a mask to cover your nose and mouth. I am in real estate and familiar with new construction homes. The work is messier than the routine housekeeping.... to be safe you should check with your doctor.... and PLEASE be careful going up and down a ladder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
(female)

wondering1979 HB User

I would try not to breath in the chemicals. but just be careful ok. where in nc do you live. im also in nc. (pinehurst)

Old 06-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
(female)

Angela3 HB User

I was cleaning rooms at a motel while i was preg with #2 I worked until i felt my body was ready to stop and i wore a mask when i cleaned...I cleaned with heavy duty chemicals.

I did lots of bending over, stretching and kneeling... Your body will let you know when enough is enough...

Old 06-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
(female)

ohhhHummm HB User

I hope all is wel!!

If you are working in the hot weather.......Please drink lots and lots of water. You dont want to go into labor 5 mo early, and plus it will make you feel alot better while on the job. I start to feel sick when I get into my car at around 3pm in the day (I Live in AZ) I barely go out into the hot weather which is like 115 out everyday now. When I drink alot of water while Im out it makes me feel just fine and not so dizzy and stuffy. As for bending over Im suprised your able to do it lol Maybe its cause you have been doing it for so long and since day one of ur preg. Im a Server at a BBQ Rest, and when I bend over it about kills me and I only weigh about 125 and Im 22 wks preg.

Anyway I hope ev thing is going good for you.

Closed Thread