It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User
no bra = saggy breast ??

Hey everyone, I am 26 weeks today..and well I have posted before about bras and how I can not seem to find a good comfy bra...today I was with my mom and she told me I was gonna be sorry for being pregnant and going braless..(not in public) just around house. She says that i will get more stretch marks and my boobs are gonna stay saggy..is this true? anyone else expirience this. or is this just another old wive tales??
monica

Old 06-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User
Re: no bra = saggy breast ??

I am not sure if this is true I have heard the same thing all my life, I would think that without the support (especially now that they are heavier) that it would drag them down. I am only 14 weeks so I haven't gotten a whole lot bigger up there yet and can still wear my same bras but I am hoping I can find one just as comfy when they do get bigger. I know that probably didn't help much but I figured an idea or opinion would help a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 03:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I really don't know either...and I really haven't heard or read any proper medical information on the topic. I think it's similar to the stretch mark throries...some get it bad, some are moderate, and some are not affected at all.

What I have heard consistently is pregnancy & childbirth will change your body, including your breasts. They will be saggier than you are used to...the extent of it from person to person is what's different.

I've always had A cups, and now my C-cups are definitely full. I'll be in a D by the time the milk comes in. I want my A's back. I'm big on wearing bras...confortable or uncomfortable...and I wear them to bed every night because I've had such a change in that area. If wearing bras MIGHT prevent sagging, then I'll do it.
Gayle

Old 06-25-2005, 05:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

I don't actually think that bras prevent sagging but you may find that as they get bigger, your back starts to hurt. Wearing a bra can help that. I too hate to wear them as they make me feel like I can't breathe. I found that if I buy them even bigger than I think they should be, it helps. I don't mean the cup size, just the chest size. I have aslo found comfort in wearing sports bras that are one size bigger than the I measure.

Good luck.

Jen

Old 06-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #5
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User

I GOOD sports bra is definetly the way to go. Loose the underwire and lacy type bras. It's all about comfort not style. I don't think a bra will help with stretch marks (that's genetic) but it can't hurt to keep them tightly held upward to help reduce sagging. The extra weight with pull them down as your pregnancy progresses. I refuse to wear one bed but I figure when I'm laying down there not hanging.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:16 AM   #6
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

No, that is not true with the stretch marks...I have 4 children and NEVER had any stretchmarks..I always had a bra on in the day time but when it is time for bed, forget about it I am being comftrable..Like the previous poster said I think the bigger they get they will sag a little..I know since I am not nursing as much as before my boobs are getting a little more "perky" like they use too, lol......I would agree that the sports bras are comftrable and also the nursing bras...Ralinda

Old 06-25-2005, 07:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

I have been told by many before me, to wear a bra as much as possible to prevent sagging. Even my Dr. says it will help. I even wear a bra to sleep at night. It is true that the sports bras do feel most comfortable. I have even been told because i will not be breastfeeding, that after my milk comes in my breasts will go up another cup size and they will hurt more than the beginning of my pregnancy. Another suggestion that i was given, was to at that point wear a bra that is a little smaller than what i actrually need.

Old 06-26-2005, 06:14 AM   #8
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

I was a 34 D to start with and at 30 weeks was a 44 DD - believe me, finding a comfortable bra was not easy. Even though I've got giant mailbags, I prefer to go braless at home, and I don't worry about stretch marks - whether you get them is pretty much hereditary anyway. I did find some comfy ones at KMart and Walmart - no underwire. They don't really fit correctly, but it's better than nothing. I'm actually finding now at 37 weeks that I can fit back into a 42 D - I think because the little guy is dropping and my organs and whatnot are not all smushed up in ribcage anymore. You'll probably want to wear one when you're out and about, but if you feel like letting them hang free at home, I say why not.

Closed Thread