It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

wondering1979 HB User
anyone know anything about tuble pregnancies

Ok im scared. the nurse told me that may be whats happening. but im a month late now. and neg. results. what would i be feeling. the nurse said that if i hurt on either side of my tummy that i should go to ER. my appt. is not untill next week. HELP

Old 06-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

Angela3 HB User
Re: anyone know anything about tuble pregnancies

i had one years ago, they removed my right tube, it could have burst if i waited longer, i have heard it can be fatal....... of course you need to talk to your doctor. i had two more kids after that.. the fetus was too big and removing my tube was the safest thing...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi Wondering -

The nurse told you go go to the ER if you have abdominal pain because an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy is an emergency sooner or later. Hopefully, that's not what's going on with you, but here is the information:

If the fetus implants in a Fallopian tube, it can grow for only a few weeks until it has stretched the tube as much as it can stretch. It is this stretching of the tube that causes increasing pain. It hurts a little at first, either on the right or the left if of your abdomen, then the pain increases (like an appendix can hurt). In a matter of hours or a few days it would hurt so bad you could not ignore it and would want go to your doctor or to the ER immediately. If the tube ruptures, the bleeding would be mostly inside and would increase the pain, make you feel faint, and there is real danger of bleeding too much, infection, and death unless you get to the hospital. It does not go away or get better without medical help. It's better to get help before it ruptures. The treatment is usually surgery to remove the stretched tube and fetus. Sadly, the fetus cannot be put into the uterus and continue to grow. Like Angela said, you can still become pregnany from the remaining tube.

Again, hope all is okay with you.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
(female)

amber1985 HB User

[QUOTE=wondering1979;1769012]Ok im scared. the nurse told me that may be whats happening. but im a month late now. and neg. results. what would i be feeling. the nurse said that if i hurt on either side of my tummy that i should go to ER. my appt. is not untill next week. HELP
[/QUOTe

I had a tuble back in march 2009 and i just now got on here to get info on it. Cause I have had all the symptons. So If you find anything out please let me know. Did you have a full tuble or did they put a clamp on you tubs? I had the clamp after telling them to tie them all the way! Good luck I hope everything turns out ok!

Old 10-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
(female)

mindyjo0129 HB User

Hi, I had an ectopic about 2 years ago and my left tube was removed. I want a baby so bad, but it's like I never get pregnant. How long did it take you to get pregnant again? Thanks!

Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
(female)

mindyjo0129 HB User

Hi, I had an ectopic about 2 years ago and my left tube was removed. I want a baby so bad, but it's like I never get pregnant. How long did it take you to get pregnant again? Thanks!

Closed Thread