It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User
Question Refused Blood Test

I went to planned parenthood yesterday to get a blood test to see if I was pregnant. I did take many home test but only one came up faint positive. I haven't been feeling the greatest so I knew something was up. I got there yesterday and they take my husband and I into a room. She asked me all these questions and why I wanted a blood test. I told her I think I may be pregnant, I had one faint positive test and my period only lasted two days. So she makes me take another urine test after I told her I haven't gotten another positive one. So I take it and naturally it comes back neg. So I'm assuming to humor me she said she's going to get me approval for a blood test. She comes back to the room and said someone will be in to give me one, I'm thinking great I'll finally know if I am preg or if I'm sick w. something. So the nurse comes in, pokes me and says "Oh can't find a vain" give me a friggin lecture on sex and blah blah blah. I looked at her and said "I'm sorry, I'm an adult and I know my body. So please do not take down to me like one of the teenagers who come here." So she tells me she's not giving me a test and I should wait till next month and see if my period comes. Has anyone ever had this problem before? I'm furious! I sat there for 2 hours to get a test done only to be treated like crap and not get it done!! I gladly gave them a donation when asked, now I don't ever want to go back there again. And I still don't know if I'm pregnant or not!!

uh, sorry needed to vent! Thanks ladies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Refused Blood Test

Do you have a family doctor? I say go see him/her!

Old 06-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

Unfortantly I do not have health insurance so I was told to go to planned parenthood. I am not eligable for state funded insurance until I become pregnant or I find a job that offers insurance!

Old 06-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
(female)

DazedandConfused HB User
Thumbs down Re: Refused Blood Test

Hey there,

That was not right 4 her to do that 2 u..i mean even if u were a teenager, that place is for support and understanding in these situations..sure when i went into labour with my daughter this nurse cam ein and told me i should not be drinking while i was pregnant..i was flabbergasted..i would never drink while i was pregnant , then she said i should not be smoking, i told her i dont drink or smoke, where r u getting this information?...Then she said i was over reacting to labour,,this was my first child..so with that she left and never came back,,,my boyfriends mother was furious with her...i believe she must have gotten my chart mixed up with someone elses and was too embarressed or having a bad day or what have u, to come back..but nonetheless it was not right.....So if i was u i would get mad also.....it is not right to lecture u, but even if she wanted to relay some moral to her story, she should have did it in a more polite manner..but anyhoos.....hopefully things works out for u

Take Care

DazedandConfused

Old 06-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

Are there any other PPs in your area? Perhaps you can head there and let them know what happened. Hopefully they'll be sympathetic to your story. Just let them know about your period/test situation and that you've been sick. You can't afford health insurance right now and you feel it is best to rule out one possibility, pregnancy, before you invest a lot of money you really don't have going to a doctor.

Closed Thread