HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   what were your symptoms after IUI? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/297923-what-were-your-symptoms-after-iui.html)

nastabasta 06-25-2005 11:59 AM

what were your symptoms after IUI?

ladies,
for those of you who have had an iui, what were your syptoms in the days following the iui and at what point did you get a bfp?

i'm 7dpiui and other than some mild cramping over the last week i have no other symptoms. that make me feel like this cycle was a bust. i'm convinced i should feel something. is it too early? i don't have my beta for 10 more days and the wait is driving me up the wall. i also had a trigger shot 10 9 days ago.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Angela3 06-25-2005 02:10 PM

Re: what were your symptoms after IUI?

Hey there, i forgot to mention the most weordest part, after finally getting preg and having my son, i got preg 3 more times, WITHOUT fertility pills AND while i was ON THE PILL. The last 3 were not planned!!!! I pray that you will conceive soon, i have faith that it can happen, dont give up!! :angel:

stacydl 06-26-2005 07:06 AM

I had 4 IUI's and the fourth one worked! I am 35 weeks pregnant with our first. What meds were you on? The one that worked for me was gonal F (injectible). I also had a trigger shot. I was 100% sure that my period was coming. I was cramping and stuff. Plus I was on progesterone suppositories from the day after IUI (I think it's standard with injectibles), so my period was most likely going to be put off until I got the BFN and stopped the progesterone. Anyways I was going for my beta on day 14 or 15 but I took a hpt the night before the blood test so I would be prepared when the blood test came back negative. To my surprise it was positive, but I wasn't even totally excited yet cause I didn't know if the trigger could still be in my system. The next morning, I called the nurse and told her and she said the trigger probably was already out of my system and there was a good chance I was pregnant. Beta came back positive and the rest is history! I have had a fairly uneventful pregnancy so far thank god. I wish you all the best and don't give up! I would imagine you could take a hpt about 14 days after the trigger and be confident with the results. Good luck!
Stacy

nastabasta 06-26-2005 10:04 AM

hi stacye,
thanks for the reply.
i'm on 1500mg metformin (for pcos). i did clomid on cd3-7 , had a trigger shot on cd16, and had my iui on cd18. so far have no symptoms. i had some cramping for the first few days but i was told that was normal. i'm 8dpiui today and nothing! maybe it's still too early. i'm definitely going to do an hpt the day before or the morning of my beta just to be prepared. i don't have my beta until 17dpiui so hopefully all the hcg from the trigger shot will be out of my system.
may i ask what your condition was? did you have pcos?
thanks a bunch for your input and i hope the rest of your pregnancy goes very smoothly too.

stacydl 06-29-2005 02:49 PM

No problem, I hope you get your bfp soon! My condition started out with a large fibroid inside my uterine cavity that had to be removed. Once removed, we were told to try for a few months on our own before moving to IUI. We did, but were not successful and we had already been trying for so long before the fibroid was discovered that we were kind of in a rush so we went right to the IUI. Started first two cycles with clomid. Next two with injectibles (gonal F) and the last one worked. Also, my husband had a normal but on the low end sperm count and motility. I noticed that the longer we went without sex before the IUI's the better his counts were. They say to leave 2-5 days since last ejaculation for IUI I think. When we waited just a couple days the count was significantly lower than the time we waited 5 days and the highest count was the one that worked. I know how frustrating this all is and I wish you the best. Don't give up hope I am sure there are many women on this board that have conceived after being diagnosed with PCOS. They will find the right combo of treatments for you too. Are you seeing a reproductive endocronologist? That was the best thing I did was go to an RE. I highly recommend it if you aren't already.
Take care!
Stacy