It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

Angela3 HB User
Who else is done having kids?

I have a son, Anthony almost 11, Anna who is 4 and a 5 week old Girl, Isabella... Im done, the pregnancy physically was pretty hard on me, im very petite and i was all belly, this is also my third c-section, had my tubes tied after daughter was born... Imk glad i never have to be pregnant again!!!! hahaha

Old 06-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Re: Who else is done having kids?

you are lucky to have three wonderful kids. some of us who have fertility problems would give anything just to have one.
i'm sorry the pregnancies were hard on you and i'm sure you made the right choice in getting your tubes tied. afterall, it's a very personal choice.
but i'm sure you realize how blessed you are. maybe you can send some baby dust this way too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #3
(female)

Angela3 HB User

Just the last pregnancy was hard, c-sections are major surgery but just so you know, i couldn't get preg with my first, i had to go on fertility drugs to conceive him, it took 2 years....... I was told i wasn't ovulating, after he was born i was able to have 3 more pregs without help, 1 was ectopic and then my next two kids, both girls

So i know what it feels like to not be able to get preg... I went through lots of tests and two years of trying, my body just cant go through another surgery.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I too am pregnant with number 3 and am getting my tubes tied right after delivery, I had my other two via section so this one will definatley be scheduled..cant say I feel bad, I have ups and downs overall Im glad I am pregnant it is what we wanted BUT am am glad this is the last one!!!

Old 06-25-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

thanks for responding angela. i'm sorry you had to go through all that. it's so hard. i was just diagnosed with pcos a few months ago and i've been trying to conceive with clomid and iui because i don't ovulate on my own either. i'm really hoping that it works so we don't have to go on to more invasive procedures.
i'm so glad that you were able to have children. your story is an inspiration to me because it makes me feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
i hope you didn't take what i said the wrong way. i didn't mean to come off as condescending.
i know that sometimes after having one child, your hormones just kind of balance out and subsequent pregnancies are a bit easier.
anyway, wishing you lots of luck and take care.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #6
BabyMomma26

This is my 4th boy. I'm 26 and had 4 kids in a 6 year span. Last pregnancy was GREAT, this time, my back hurts so bad and I'm always so hot! I'm short too, 5'4, so I'm all belly at 5 months (chest is HUGE, 36DD prior to pregnancy, so I've had back pain)! I had one labor that was induced at 6am and he was here by 4pm, no meds at all and 15 min of pushing, if that. My 2nd was tough..I too had a c-section, I went to the L&D at 7 cm, after pushing 30 min and his heart almost stopping, I had to have an emergency c-section. Cord was wrapped around his neck 2x. My 3 was my best, I went in to be induced at 7am, but was already 3cm and in labor on my own. I had a epidural at 7cm and had him vaginal at 3pm. I pushed 3 times and he was out. Hubby didn't want another, but now he cant wait. He wants to be done, but if it was up to me I'd have 8 kids. I am not tying my tubes, I was thinking about it, but I'm 26, if I decide I want kids 10 years from now, I will still be young enough (kinda) to do it. So Im not to sure if Im done having kids, Ill let you know in 5 months depending how this labor goes

Last edited by BabyMomma26; 06-25-2005 at 01:35 PM.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm pregnant with my first. I've had a pretty miserable pregnancy so far (I'm 29 weeks) and it's been bad enough physically and emotionally, that I can honestly say I will not be doing this again.

I'm 36 years old and we did not plan this. My husband and I both agreed a long while back that we would be happy with or without kids. Excited to have the baby & get on with life as a mom...just want this pregnancy phase over & done with ASAP.
Gayle

Old 06-25-2005, 08:47 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I thought I was done (mentally and physically) after my first almost 12 years ago but fate and faulty bc thought otherwise. lol

I will be getting my tubes tied RIGHT after this one. I thought my first pregnancy was rough but I now know it was a piece of cake compared to this one.

Last edited by MissT; 06-25-2005 at 08:48 PM.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
(female)

Angela3 HB User
Unhappy Re: Who else is done having kids?

Even though i had a tubal, iv heard of women getting preg after having one!!! i hope i dont!

Old 07-22-2005, 03:17 AM   #10
(female)

Jelohi HB User

This will probably be my last. I'm 39 and expecting my second in March (my son is almost 2). If everything goes okay with this pregnancy, after the baby's a year or so (when the threat of SIDS is past) my DH is planning on getting a vasectomy. I thought about getting a tubal right afterwards if I have a c-section again, but we want to be able to try and have another in case something happens - we really want 2, but at my age we're kinda on a time limit here!

Closed Thread