It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 12:01 AM   #1
(female)

bttrflii2384 HB User
Question how do i kno if im preggers?

i missed my period and if u count to the fertile days and stuff the event would have occured on my most fertile day and i dont have a way to get to a doc or a store for a while so is there a way to tell if i am?

Old 06-26-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
(female)

alston1 HB User
Re: how do i kno if im preggers?

Your most fertile day depends upon how long your cycle is and if you have regular periods. How many days past due are you for your period?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 02:00 AM   #3
(female)

bttrflii2384 HB User

sorry i got busy w/ somethin a lil over 2 weeks

Old 06-26-2005, 02:32 AM   #4
(female)

alston1 HB User

I would say that you probably are prego. Are your periods usually late? If not, I would really do a hpt after those results consult a doctor. It is important that you get care early on.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
(female)

bttrflii2384 HB User

ive been regular since i was 11 but ive heard that stress can cause symptoms

Old 06-26-2005, 02:59 AM   #6
(female)

alston1 HB User

2 weeks late is a lot. I am telling you what I think is best. Only you can ultimatley decide. It is best that you get that proper care. You don't want anything to go wrong and you get extremely sick by it. Yes, stress causes a delay in your period. You're saying you've been regular since 11. How old are you now if you don't mind me asking? Is this your first time dealing with stress?

Old 06-26-2005, 03:09 AM   #7
(female)

bttrflii2384 HB User

im about to b 21 and while ive been sexually active for a while this is the first time that the condom ever broke on me and i really love the guy tho he says he doesnt want kids so im scared that if i am that ill lose him cuz we all kno how 24 yr old BOYS are

Old 06-26-2005, 03:14 AM   #8
(female)

alston1 HB User

I don't exactly know how you mean, but I know how men in general can be. I've been married since 18 and I am 21. Take the test and go from there... I don't want you to hurt yourself in any kind of way. It is important that you are safe and healthy. Can you really not get to a hpt or doctor or was that you being really scared. Let me know... I will be back on tonite at 5:00pm cst. Do some thinking and we'll chat later. I'd love to help. Take care

Old 06-26-2005, 03:51 AM   #9
(female)

bttrflii2384 HB User

if u get this i really have no way til about the end of the week, and dont think id do nething to hurt myself i believe too much in God for that i just need someone to talk to cuz my family would so totally freak @ this point cuz im not married to him and i dont wanna tell him until im absolutely sure and risk losing him and the 2 women who r supposed to b my bff's have big mouths so i cant trust them not to tell the guy or my mom i feel like im stuck between a rock and a hard place u kno? ive been in luv w/ the guy for the last 5 years but i think hes only just starting to feel it for me cuz he keeps talking about how pretty i am and how much he wants to see me again-- we live 4 hours apart-- im just scared

Old 06-26-2005, 05:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test. Don't worry about what your bf is going to think or do until you know for sure. If he really loves you, he'll stick around. If he doesn't, he's not worth your time and it's better to find out now. I got pregnant with my first DD when I was 21 and only knew the guy for just over a month. We got married because our parents pressured us to "do the right thing" but it wasn't the right thing for either of us and we got divorced after 4 1/2 years. I am now 32, remarried (happily) and have a 2-month-old DD. My DD (well, both of them now) was the best thing that ever happened to me, even though the circumstances were less than ideal at the time. Things have a way of working themselves out, no matter how bad the situation seems when you're in the middle of it. Good luck and let us know when you take the test.

Old 06-26-2005, 05:29 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

does your bf know that the condom broke?? if he does, then he should know that there is a chance that pregnancy occurred. you need to let him know of your concerns and fears....there is a chance that he will freak out....but it really can go either way, even if he freaks out. when me and dh were dating....i ended up getting pg....at first he was excited, then fear/reality set in...then he got scared and our relationship was really on the rocks.....we did get married and its been 15 years now that we have been together....we are happily married and have 2 darling girls. you might as well tell him now that you might be pg, and if you are...he will have time to prepare to hear that you are pg....if he is going to run or stay...it doesnt matter if you tell him now or later, hes going to do which ever one regardless....if you really love this guy...start the relationship out on the right foot....honesty and trust....dont hide anything from him. you have known this guy for awhile.....so theres a good chance he wont run.....i was blessed...i only knew dh for 3 months before i got pg...(he was told he could never have kids and he was 29 at the time and never got a girl pg, so we didnt take necessary precautions)....as far as your family freaking out....i was 18 when i got pg....and my mom was very upset....i didnt want to even tell her cuz i knew how she would react....and fortunately/unfortunately....however you want to look at it.....i had told my sister (in good faith that she would not say anything...to let me do it when i was ready, as she promised she would do)....anyhow....she told my mom a few days later......but, 15 years later.....mom loves both of her grandkids and my dh too....so theres always room for forgiveness and happiness. the initial shock might be tough on everyone....but after they adjust and get used to it....things just have a way of working out. good luck and let us know how things are.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #12
(female)

bttrflii2384 HB User

i made a few calls to try to get a ride-- thats what i get for livin in the middle of nowhere-- and my cuz is gonna take me into town later when it stops raining my cuz is a sweetie but he doesnt pay any attention to whats going on around him so i think ill b able to get a test without him noticing

Old 06-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #13
(female)

alston1 HB User

I hope that you are diong a lot better. I understand how you feel. If you need someone to talk to all these wonderful people are here. It seems like you know this guy pretty well and care about him a lot. So, either way just like the other young lady said you still have to tell him. You should not go through the fear of not knowing by yourself. You never know how he might react, but what's reality is reality. You both have to face what's there. You seem like you have a great head on your shoulders by even talking to someone about what's going on. I know you have great judgment and continue to go forward. I hope the best for you.

Old 06-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #14
(female)

alston1 HB User

Please let us know how things go

Old 06-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #15
(female)

bttrflii2384 HB User

first i want to thank u all for being here for me, it really helps and i just took the test i got today and it came back positive and im happy but im frightened too im gonna tell him and he'll be on in a lil yle and i hope that mayb hell be happy too but i doubt it.... mayb this will b the dream come true ive been wishing for for the last year or so weve been seeing eachother

Closed Thread