It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 05:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User
Morning sickness triggers....

This is kind of funny for me I guess. With my last preg. I was sick as a dog, this time I've been really lucky most of the time and only get it every once in a while. Yesterday we were starting an addition to our home. I was feeling really lazy and bad for not helping. I can't do most of the work since I'm not allowed to lift anything. When we moved the step, there was a whole bunch of garbage underneath it so I figured, hey I can do that. So I started picking it up and within a couple minutes I was gagging my brains out. A couple more, and I was running into the bathroom. Hubby was laughing his bum off. He said, "That's a way to get out of working."

Garbage for some reason is my big trigger. I can't even take the house garbage out. I thought I'd be ok outside but apparently not. It's the only thing that gets me every time. Anyone else have any big triggers?

Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Re: Morning sickness triggers....

I have Hyperemesis Graviadarum so I have about a hundred m/s triggers. My biggest ones are lettuce, mashed potatoes, anything from Subway, sea food of any kind, dirty dishes, tuna, milk and cereal. Those are just a few off the top of my head. At 28 weeks I thought I would have not so many triggers but they're all still there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I feel like I have million triggers to ! Subway is definatley one of them

Old 06-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User

I haven't noticed any real triggers yet...although, the other night DH was drinking some red wine and the smell was so overwhelming to me! It made me queasy for sure. I am usually a big fan of wine, but since becoming pg, I haven't craved it or missed it at all - and before I would drink a glass a night!

And the Subway thing is funny - I ate a sandwhich from there today and yesterday! Go figure!

Old 06-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

LOL..i thought i was the only one who got sick from the thought of subway. I also can't stand to walk into walmart for some reason. But also had to stop wearing all makeup...for some reason it makes me gaggy sick.
monica

Old 06-26-2005, 02:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

I'm so happy to find out that I'm not the only one who gets ill at the thought/smell/sight of Subway! I feel more normal now. *lol*

Old 06-26-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Oh boy, I had a lot of them. The m/s was the absolute WORST part of my pregancy so far. I was so sick from so many things.

The few that still will make me gag at 29 weeks are the smell of bleach and cigarette smoke (the smokey smell left on people's clothes after they smoke is REALLY bad, but any smoke will do it.) We had an old candy factory burn down in our city about a month ago, there was a lot of black smoke along with the fire, and even the smell of that across town was making me a little pukey. My husband said he couldn't even smell the smoke. I used to be able to smell other people in our subdivision burning their wood-burning fireplaces when nobody else could smell it & that made me sick.

Things earlier on that seemed to fade away over time:
The smell, look, and thought of orange juice. (I LOVED orange juice before).

All my shampoos, conditioners, and shower gels had to be replaced twice because of the vile smells. I gagged at the smell of my mascara, most of my makeup items, hair gels & sprays...all the good-smelling stuff.

Getting water in my mouth, either by drinking it on purpose, or by accident in the shower. Sometimes, just looking at the water faucet when I was thirsty made me gag.

The taste and thought of diet 7UP, or any other diet pop made the by 7UP company. I could drink other diet pops...just not 7UP brand.

Lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers made me heave just looking at them.

Just going to the grocery store was a nightmare. I would start heaving just walking down the aisles at the sight of foods I've never even eaten in my life.

The smell of my husband's pillow.

The "Method" brand of laundry soap you find at Target. Ugh!!!

Most perfumes & colognes worn by other people.

I wanted black cherry ice cream one night & my husband came home with cherry chocolate chip. I couldn't eat that. Ugh...that's actually making me a little pukey right now as I type this. The combination of cherries & chocolate sounds VILE to me me...it was fine before I was pregnant.

The smell of eggs cooking.

The smell of bacon or any other greasy meat or sausage.

Those are just off the top of my head.
Gayle

Old 06-27-2005, 01:19 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Gayle I know what you mean about heaving while walking through the grocery store. DH had to do all of the shopping for 3 months because I couldn't set foot inside of any store to pick out food. I would actually get dizzy from the sickness. Even at 28 weeks now that will still happen to me sometimes. We even tried online grocery shopping and that didn't work either because the pictures of the food would set me off!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 AM   #9
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Yall are so funny hearing all your triggers. Ive only had one or two triggers, but I get sick every time I eat. Its something about feeling food in my stomach I cant handle.
Anyways my triggers are black beans YUCK.... and canned chicken or tuna smell. Those are the only two that really make my tummy hurl. In the beginning the grocery store Albertsons always made me queasy too.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #10
chloesmum

Oh my gosh, how funny! I"m totally craving Subway too. Definately turkey and bacon...also roast beef sandwiches from Arbys.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:12 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User

Chloesmum -

I had 2 Subway sandwhiches over the weekend - both with turkey and bacon!! How funny! I think I am craving salt for sure!

Last edited by Hellokitty1973; 06-27-2005 at 09:13 AM.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #12

amanda84 HB User

HA HA i love reading all the triggers b/c i thought i was the only one that dirty dishes made sick. my biggest trigger.....cigerette smoke and i was a smoker! i smoked for 7 years at least 2 packs a day and when i found out i quit...b/c it made me sick lol. my DH smokes and the smell on his clothes is enough to get me running for the toilet!!! ha ha JUST REMEMBER: "this too shall pass" and it gets us out of doing dishes!

amanda

Old 06-28-2005, 12:00 AM   #13
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User

My triggers, I get so sick to my stomach from a lot of things, nothing has made me actually throw up yet though thank goodness.

1. Dirty dishes (and i can't get out of doin em' dh works a lot and never gets to it)
2. Driving around town and being able to smell the fast food smells
3. Sneezing (anymore than once and I gag lol)
4. Trash
5. Dirty kids make me sick to my gut too lol like right after they eat. (friend's kids)
6. even talking about food some days makes me feel like crap and not want to eat.

I know there is plenty more many that have been mentioned already by other users but I thought a couple of mine would make some of you laugh

Hope everyone is doing well

Old 06-28-2005, 04:31 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Amanda...I smoked too. About a 1/2 pack a day for 10 years. I had been thinking about quitting for 2 months before I found out I was pregnant...but I really didn't WANT to quit that bad, I just new I SHOULD quit.

When I was pregnant, I had 1 pack left, and I cut back to about 3 or 4 cigarettes a day so I could wean myself and absorb the info that I was pregnant. On the 4th day of weaning, I was tired of smoking that little & messing around like that, so I just smoked the rest of the pack and called it quits. Within 48 hours of quitting, the m/s kicked in & I haven't have the urge to smoke once. Smoke is my biggest gag trigger of all of them.
Gayle

Closed Thread