It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 07:35 AM   #1
(female)

Indianchick72 HB User
Question Question about Pos. PT

I'm a newbie here so here my question goes...

I took a pregnancy test this morning just to see. Mainly expecting to see a negative result and feel stupid for wasting another test...again!

But lo-and-behold, to my complete shock was the faint second pink line.

Now my question is, I didn't realize that the test was past expiration date by 2 months. Could it be a false positive reading because of the expiration?

I am going to repeat the test in a couple of days with fresh unexpired test, but I was just wondering if anyone knew if 2 months made a difference.

Thanks so much and I'm crossing my fingers.
Rochelle

Old 06-26-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: Question about Pos. PT

I truly have no idea. if you still have the package, maybe you could call the 800 number and ask them?
Logically, I would think that if anything when a pregnancy test expires, it might give a false NEGATIVE, not a false POSITIVE. I'm pretty sure that no matter what, false positives are a very rare thing indeed. Most likely congradulations are in order!! Can't wait to hear a definitive result from your next test

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

I agree with Zekat, you are most likely pregnant. You don't really need to wait two days. You could go buy a new test today and do it tomorrow morning.

Good luck.

-Jen

Old 06-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
(female)

Indianchick72 HB User

Thank you so much for your replies.

I did buy some more tests and will retest in the morning.

I'm just trying to not get my hopes until I know for sure...

I will post results tomorrow morning when I get them.

Wish me luck,
Rochelle

Old 06-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

You have more will power than I do When I got my first positive, I tested 3 more times that day!! lol

Good luck to you!!

Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #6
(female)

Indianchick72 HB User

I don't thinks it's will power...more like fear. Afraid of it not really being real...and scared of being let-down.

But I've never even had a hint of a second line before, so if all goes will tomorrow, I guess according to the due date calendar I would be due March 1.
That due date would be excellent. I was born Aug 1, my brother May 1, my nephew July 1, and my cousins baby June 1...hehe

Crossing eyes now
Rochelle

Old 06-27-2005, 04:58 AM   #7
(female)

Indianchick72 HB User

Ok, here's the situation now...

I retested this morning and I either didn't do it right or got a dud...but I used another one about an hour later and it's one of them EPT's that have the blue + instead of the pink line. I can see the verticle blue line really well, but the horizontal line is really faint, but I can see something.

I just don't know. I'm tempted to just go and get one of them digital tests that say clear as day 'not pregnant' or 'pregnant'...

I couldn't sleep at all last night just thinking, thinking, thinking...I'm going to be exhausted at work today.

Ok, I'm breaking down and getting one of the digital ones...
Wish me luck again!
Rochelle

Old 06-27-2005, 05:02 AM   #8
(female)

pugmom HB User

Best of luck to you! It sounds as if you really want this baby, to get a definite yes or no, I would schedule a drs. appt.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Indianchick-

A second line in the positive category almost definitely means that you are pregnant, it's just really early. When I took my first test, I could just barely see the line. I went to a Planned Parenthood clinic that day and took one of their urine tests and the line was faint their too but the woman assured me that it was a positive.

As pugmom said, if you want to be really sure, go to the doc. You could also save a little money and do the clinic thing like I did. It was actually funny going to the clinic because they said that they hardly ever get women in there who want the result to be positive. I think that I brightened their day a bit!

Good luck. I hope your further tests give you good results.

-Jen

Old 06-27-2005, 05:27 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

yeah I tested twice the same day - once at Noon got a positive in like 1 second and then tested again around 6pm and it took a little longer about 5 seconds but it was WAY darker than the first one. LOL!!

I am 5/6 weeks along.

Congratulations!!!

Friday

Old 06-27-2005, 07:27 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

Congrats, sounds like you ARE pregnant!

Chris(34wks)

Old 06-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #12
(female)

Location: Originaly from Colorado, have lived in Nevada for 10 years
Cara_Bella HB User

I think your pregnant, when i tested i had the same thing, very faint line, and well a line is a line. I think you are Congrats!!!

Jenn after i took 3 Home preg tests i still couldnt be sure, so i went to the public health clinic and they told me the same thing. The nurse even said "I get so happy when i get a woman in here that actually wants to be pregnant"

Jenn (too)

Old 06-27-2005, 11:35 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

Yes, it does sound like you are pregnant. I, too, had a dud pregnancy test. I tested +, then nothing - not even in the control window, then + again.
I do like the idea of the digital one though - make the test spell it out for you!! lol

Old 06-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #14
(female)

Indianchick72 HB User

Well, I left for work early and swung by the store and bought a package of the digital tests and tested before work and it was clear as day 'pregnant'.

I'm still in disbelief I think. I've waited for this for so long I can't believe it's here. I could not sleep at all last night. I was so tired at work...I guess I'd better be getting used to lack of sleep now huh?

I had to tell my work because I'm a Surgical Technologist and now they have to make sure I'm not in any cases with C-arm or bone cement. The news spread like wildfire and everyone is really excited.

I'm really nervous about people knowing this early in case anything happens and the M word happens.

I'm thinking of telling my mom on her birthday...

I also have to make an appt. with ob-gyn for 'official' confirmation.

According to the EDD calculator, I'd be due on March 1 so I'd be what...3 weeks? So I guess I should start a March thread...hehe

I'm so excited...

Thanks so much,
Rochelle

Old 06-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

Rochelle, CONGRATS! I was also in disbelief too were I took 14 hpt's all faint pos. but yet the doctors pregnancy test was wrong & said neg. I was also around 3 weeks. We couldn't have been more happier to be pregnant with our 4th but last daughter. Congrats to you!!!!

Chris (34wks)

Closed Thread