It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #1

caedmyn HB User
could this be the baby moving?

I'm 14 1/2 weeks, so I know it's still pretty early to be feeling movement, but I think I may have felt my baby move a couple times now. One time it felt like somebody just barely touched the left side of my stomach, and when I poked the area where I felt it, I think I felt a little bump that wasn't there on the other side. The other time it felt more like a gentle poke that moved a little bit. Do these sound like they could have been the baby moving?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to feel a little bump where the baby is from the outside if he/she is in the right position (I'm very skinny)? I was sitting down a couple days ago and all of a sudden the left side of my stomach felt really weird (this is not the same as the time I thought I felt movement). I poked it and there was definitely a hard bump there that wasn't on the right side. A couple of minutes later it was gone.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: could this be the baby moving?

It's possible you felt your baby moving...you are getting to be around the time where you could begin to feel it. I think I started feeling strange, very occasional, and very light sensations that got me wondering around week 17. It was at week 19 at my doctor visit that in describing the pokes I was feeling, he assured me it probably was the baby moving. I didn't feel those "flutters" and "bubbles" most people talk about. Mine was more of a little tap here and there.

As for feeling it from the outside...I would doubt you felt your baby already. My doctor didn't even start poking around at me to feel the baby himself until around Week 19. My doctor showed me how I could press my stomach to feel the baby in there, but I'll tell you, it was very subtle and I had to press pretty deep, and work really had to find it. It was only a lump in there. The doctors cannot tell what body parts they are even feeling that early on.

If you felt something hard, it could have been nothing...you were just really wanting/hoping to feel something...or maybe your uterus tightened up a little and it was harder than normal for a minute or 2. The hardness really could have been anything.
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread