It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Anybody else sick of m/s?

I am almost eight weeks pregnant and I am just praying that this starts to subside in my second trimester! I have an all day feeling of just being ill. Then comes the heartburn, then the peeing constantly, my boobs are aching. I'm so sorry to complain, I just need someone to tell me that it will get better! I always feel like I'm on the verge of barfing. Someone please encourage me!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:38 AM   #2
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Re: Anybody else sick of m/s?

Im with you on being sick of the m/s. And dont feel bad about complaining. Thats what we are all here for. For most people it does get better by the 12th week. And in your case I hope it gets better sooner!! Just think whats coming of all the sickness, A BABY... And he/she will make up for all the m/s and heartburn.. Best of luck to you, keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

traycei HB User
Talking Re: Anybody else sick of m/s?

this is my fourth pregancy adn the other 3 were losses.
the dr tells me its better to be sick then to not b.
i was very sick not even being able to get off the couch and i was on dilectin for the nausea but once i got into my fourth month it all seemed to go away.
i am stil;l quite tired but at least i dont have that sick feeling all the time except for whe i get hungry which is goos cause when i was sick i could barely eta anything.
there is hope and it does go away i am 21 weeks know and feeling great except for the weekly miragraines i get but u take the good with the bad and i just keep on thinking of that bundle of joy i will get at the end and it makes it all worth it

Old 06-27-2005, 09:21 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

that does get better. im in my 15th week and all those symptoms have eased. but now its the migraines once or twice a week. and tylenol does nothing for me!!
hang in there!

Old 06-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Mine eased up quite a bit at 14 weeks. I still had lingering m/s up until about 22 or 23 weeks.

I remember how weary I got with the m/s. When it does ease up for you, there will be plenty of new things you'll be complaining about that will probably be worse than m/s. It's okay.

Don't feel bad if your second trimester is just as crappy as the first. Not everyone has glorious pregnancies. I'm in my 3rd trimester & actually starting to feel decent for the first time since I found out I was pregnant (aside from my sciatica & sleep deprivation from back pain). Hang in there!!!!! Just create small milestones for yourself & you'll get through it.
Gayle

Old 06-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
(female)

USPS84 HB User

Most women I discuss morning sickness with, will agree that it lessens after the 12th week.

I am 35 weeks tomorrow, and I STILL HAVE IT. I am not telling you this to scare you, I am telling you this so you won't think something is wrong, if it doesn't go away!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #7
(female)

hokiegirl HB User

You're not alone! I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and have similar symptoms. But everyday, I'm happy because it means my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing. I actually worry a little when I'm feeling really good! Most likely, it'll subside in a few weeks, and they go by fast. The regular old saltines really help - you don't have to eat many of them, just a couple soak up the acid.
Happy pregnancy!

Old 06-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
(female)

TESS1 HB User

I am 11 weeks and I have a low grade nauseousness at times, but I have not thrown up. I feel pretty good. When I had my daughter almost 12 years ago, I was violently ill until about 4 months. I have heard with boys that you have little to none m/s. Old wives tale of course.

But Traycei, why does your doctor say it's better to have m/s than to not? That worries me since I have a high risk pregnancy anyway. Just wondering

Last edited by TESS1; 06-27-2005 at 09:13 PM.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
(female)

traycei HB User

at leasrt i know i am not the only one out there with the miragraines.
and ur right tylenol does nothing but my dr. tells me i can take extra strenght but be carefull how many i have to take.
usually if i caych it in the first 15-20 minutes i am safe but if i dont czatcht it i am done for.
mine start one day slowly the next day full blown enough i cant get out of bed and the third day eases off agin till next week.
ppl go on and on about eating this and that but i think they r full of it cause no matter what i eat i get them.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:51 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

Hey,
It's only been a week for me and I'm already with ya. I knew I would get m/s because my mother and sister had very serious m/s, but I thought maybe it would hold off a couple weeks. Nope. I'm five weeks today, and it's been a lovely part of this pregnancy from before the positive test. I'm going on four days with nothing but saltines and juice boxes. When I feel good I put a little cheese on them. I'm so exited about this pregnancy, that's what's helping me keep my head up. I've heard more B6 helps. I'm going to ask the nurse about that today.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #11

amanda84 HB User

im going on 11 weeks and my m/s has lead me to the hospital 3 times...i hope it gets better for all of us!!! but like most of you said its better to be sick then not at all(well thats what they keep telling me lol) just watch out for hyperemsis...its what i have. its when you body cant hold anything down best thing to do is go to the hospital and get an IV treatment. good luck ladies and keep drinking water.

p.s. if m/s is really bad try reglan or phenergan!!!!

Last edited by amanda84; 06-27-2005 at 11:32 PM.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:14 AM   #12
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User

thanks so much for the encouragement! I have to say, I do have it a little better than some of you... my heart goes out to those of you that are hardly keeping anything down at all! I can eat and keep it down, it's just that terrible "almost" throwing up feeling that I just can't shake pretty much every hour of the day. It seemed to let up a little yesterday though, so that was a gift. Please keep me posted on how you all are doing. I keep hearing that the weeks fly by... let's pray they do!

Closed Thread