It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 05:56 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User
Unhappy Sleep!

GOod Morning Ladies!
Well I have officially entered my third trimester! YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see my little ones!
Anyway, I need some help. I am having a REALLY hard time sleeping. I wake up several times a night to go to the bathroom, which I don't mind because I'm barely awake. But then I wake up at least twice an hour JUST BECAUSE. I think I get really uncomfortable and just wake up.
Anyone have any tips for me??? I am working full time, carrying twins and dealing with a chronic inner ear disorder. I really, really need to rest!
Thanks everyone!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: Sleep!

Do you have a recliner. I know with my last pregnancy I was so miserable the only good sleep I got was in my recliner at the end of the pregnancy and I imagine you are feeling that way sooner with twins. Good luck to you!!! And Congrats on the twins and reaching the third trimester!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-27-2005 at 10:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

This may be a long shot but is it possible for you to cut down on your fulltime hours at work? Maybe that could help you relax a bit more and get some sleep.

There are also those big pregnancy pillows that are suppose to make sleeping a lot more easy and comfortable. I can't remember what they're called (brand name) but I read a lot of satisfied customer rants about them. You're meant to wrap yourself around them and get all comfy. Might be worth a try.

Nicole x

Old 06-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

Thank you for the suggestions ladies, unfortunatly I have a snoogle pillow (along with 5 others) and have cut back on my hours as much as possible. I have stopped traveling and am only working 40 hrs a week, I also take a prenatal Yoga class, walk and swim several times a week. I just can't sleep! I'm looking for a magic bullet here (I do know there isn't one)

Old 06-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Well...I don't think there is a magic bullet (I wish there was!!!). You sound pretty active. I haven't had decent sleep for 11 weeks due to sciatica. I know sciatica is a different story, but it sounds like you have the tools, and are doing what it takes to make the best attempt at good sleep.

Just blame it on the 3rd trimester and be thankful for the sleep you do get. That's what everyone tells me...including my doctor.

Maybe you could take some Tylenol before going to bed if the "uncomfortable" you mentioned is a bit of aching. That might take the edge off it.
Gayle

Old 06-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

If you are really having a hard time, it is ok to take Unisom or Benadryl once in a while. The active indredient in both of those is diphenhydramine which is ok during pregnancy.

I have had a hard time sleeping too. It happens in mostly 2 to 3 hour stretches and I can never get ot sleep before midnight. I had to stop working 2 weeks a go because of preeclampsia so now I can nap during the day.

Hang in there. Sleep when you can.

-Jen

Closed Thread