It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #1
chloesmum

Exclamation drinking.....uh oh

I'm totally freaking out. I usually go out and do it up pretty good at least one night a week, and found out last week that I'm about 7 weeks along.....I'm very concerned about the potential damage I may have caused my baby. Does anyone have any advice?

Old 06-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
Re: drinking.....uh oh

I had that problem when I found out about DS...I was 8 weeks. They told me not to worry, but to stop immediately and not touch a drop until after he was born. He turned out to be very healthy...PERFECT!!!

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

Same problem here, with BOTH my pregnancies! They say to not worry about alcohol or drug consumption taken before knowing you are pregnant.

Both my babies were and still are, perfectly healthy!

Old 06-27-2005, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I think just about everyone has done this...I did too! It's very common to see this Q on this board, and from stories from about everyone you know. Relax. Everything is fine. Some doctors will even allow you to drink a beer or a glass of wine every once in a while pregnant. My doctor personally doesn't allow it, but I know several friends (with recent pregnancies within the last 2 years) where their docs said it was fine.
Gayle

Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Yup, I did it as well when I turned 21...had an entire night of drinking to celebrate my being "legal"...shots, beer, mixed drinks. I foolishly drank myself sick. Week later I found out I was pregnant and freaked out. 9 months later I have a beautiful HEALTHY baby boy. 10 fingers, 10 toes, both eyes, a nose, ears and mouth. I wouldn't worry too much into it as it's happened numerous times to many women. Next time however, while my fiance and I are trying to concieve, just to be on the safer side I won't be consuming any alcohol. Have a great 9 months!

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 06-27-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Closed Thread