It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User
Too Early To Test?

hi ladies,

i'm 10dpiui and 12dptrigger. is it to early to test? i have to admit, i've tested with a cheapie test almost every day. i thought i'd look for the line to disappear and then reappear.

well, i think the line all but disappeared two days ago and got darker yesterday. today's line looks a little bit darker than yesterday's, but not much. it's hard to keep it all straight.

so i went and got a first response and took that and it showed a very faint line. do you think it's still the trigger showing up or this is a real line?

i've heard that the trigger stays in your system for anywhere between 10-15 days but i can't find anything concrete on this.

thanks for your advice. i really need it!!

Old 06-27-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User
Re: Too Early To Test?

In my opinion, I would wait until atleast the day AF is due. Then, you know you have a better chance of getting a definitive positive. I waited until a few days after it was due myself and the +++ came up instantly. But, I have heard that faint line is positive - regardless! Have you tried calling the test company?

Good luck!!!

Last edited by Hellokitty1973; 06-27-2005 at 09:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

As part of all the work-ups you had before the iui, did you ever take your basal temperature for a few months? If so, and if you're aware of how your temperature usually fluctuates during the month (especially what the "high" range is after ovulation), you can check your basal temperature 1st thing every morning. If it stays in the "high" range for another 10 days, you're probably pregnant. Your basal temperature should fall to the before-ovulation range if AF is coming.

Wishing you well! Barbara

Old 06-27-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

hellokitty,
i hven't tried calling the company. i was just thinking that if i'm still getting 2 lines by this thursday, i will call my doctor and ask if they can do a blood test this friday. instead of waiting til next week.

barbara,
unfortunately i don't chart my temperature. i tried doing it for a couple of months and it didn't really work for me. so all i have to go by is that i ovulated 10 days ago.
thanks for replying.

hope to hear from other ladies too.
take care.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #5
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastabasta
hi ladies,

i'm 10dpiui and 12dptrigger. is it to early to test? i have to admit, i've tested with a cheapie test almost every day. i thought i'd look for the line to disappear and then reappear.

well, i think the line all but disappeared two days ago and got darker yesterday. today's line looks a little bit darker than yesterday's, but not much. it's hard to keep it all straight.

so i went and got a first response and took that and it showed a very faint line. do you think it's still the trigger showing up or this is a real line?

i've heard that the trigger stays in your system for anywhere between 10-15 days but i can't find anything concrete on this.

thanks for your advice. i really need it!!
Hello nastabasta,
I am 9dpiui and I was wondering if you had a positive and if you did when it finally showed up. Im hoping you are.
Thanks
Meg

Old 07-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

nastabasta HB User

hi meg, i did get a positive! i'm 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant and the blood test confirmed it last friday. thanks for asking about me.
the line on the hpt definitely started to get darker after 9dpiui but i didn't want to get my hopes up. my blood test was 14 days after the iui.
i hope you get a positive too. did you have an iui? lots of baby dust and good luck.
take care.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #7
(female)

ferndm HB User

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!! That is so terrific!!!!
I have talked to you before about this whole process So happy to hear a wonderful result!
I go back to the dr. on thursday after recently finishing my clomid and estrogen....I'm going back for a scan to check for follies. If all is well, I will have iui done friday morning!!!
Again,...congrats!

Old 07-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #8
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastabasta
hi meg, i did get a positive! i'm 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant and the blood test confirmed it last friday. thanks for asking about me.
the line on the hpt definitely started to get darker after 9dpiui but i didn't want to get my hopes up. my blood test was 14 days after the iui.
i hope you get a positive too. did you have an iui? lots of baby dust and good luck.
take care.

Yes I had a IUI on the 27th of June and now just waiting and waiting some more. So your HTP showed positive also and then you got a blood test?
Meg

Last edited by rounsy222; 07-05-2005 at 07:10 PM. Reason: screwed up

Closed Thread