It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User
Swelling @27 Weeks?

Just wondering if there is anyone around the same amount of weeks experiencing swelling, mostly in the feet but actually a little bit everywhere, went to the doctors today and my BP was 130/80 which is pretty normal but he wants me to come back this wednesday again. Am I still to early to start swelling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User
Re: Swelling @27 Weeks?

I don't think it's too early, my feet swelled like crazy around 27 wks too, it lasted for about 3 wks. They still swell up (I'm almost 35wks now), especially when I do a lot of walking, which isn't much, but at least they don't feel like they're on fire as well. My hands are pretty swollen too, can't bend my fingers very much, and definitly can't take my wedding band off. Hope all is well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

No, it's not too early. I had swelling earlier than 27 weeks, but it always went hand in hand with fast food or very salty foods.

Then, at Week 27, I was getting swollen feet and hands with terrible itching on a daily basis...even if I didn't eat fast food. I cut back heavily on the salt at Week 28 and it helped a little...then I cut back even more. Now in Week 29, my swelling in my ankles is gone.

My doctor (just this morning) said I will probably experience some swelling again as time passes because pregnant women just hold fluid whether we want to or not...but what I have done so far is excellent and he wants me to keep it up.

You are not alone with the swelling.
Gayle

Old 06-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

27 weeks and that's early? Shoot, I'm 19wks and my feet started to swell in the middle of the 18th week. And they look ugly!

Old 06-28-2005, 07:38 AM   #5
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

Thanks guys I was really worried about Toxemia and Preeclampsia although my BP is ok. Maybe I ate too many salty foods, but get this I was just at the doctors Monday 6/20 and then yesterday Monday 6/27 and 9lbs difference from the swelling because I really haven't ate any differently. That is a big jump, huh...My right hand is always numb too, and I have taken off my wedding rings just in case, I know someone who needed to get them cut off at one point, so just in case. Everything just feels so tight and feet are so ugly!

Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Hi Corny,

If your doctor seemed ok with everything then I wouldn't worry about the toxemia/preeclampsia thing. Did they do any blood work to see if you had extra protein or waste in your blood? That is how they check to see if your vital organs are doing ok.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #7
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

actually I just had a CBC done with my 1 hour GTT last week and everything looks good on that so, that is probably why he is not too worried, but like I said he wanted me back in 2 days so I just keep drinking lots of water and staying away from salt.

Closed Thread