It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User
Yeast Infections

has anyone had these often during there pregnancy I am currently 27 weeks and just developed one, may also be a bladder infection, but it seems that the irritation and rest of the symptons started after sex, it seem that I am very sensitive in that area, I have always been pretty sensitive to soaps and stuff but now it seems to be happening more, I guess the heat doesn't help much either they are just so uncomfortable, does anyone else get like this also?

Old 06-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: Yeast Infections

I had one when I was pregnant as well. I actually had a UTI during my pregnancy and they thought that might have triggered my pre-term labor contractions. I also had a yeast infection which was strange to me as being that I hadn't had intercourse in close to 3 months due to Dr.'s orders so i'm guessing it was from the medication I was on to stop the pre-term labor contractions (terbudaline). I developed a yeast infection around 36 weeks and my Dr. prescribed me Monistat...but told me to get the 7 day treatment only. Have you contacted your Dr? Maybe you should get checked out first and see what he/she presribes you.

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 06-27-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
chloesmum

I heard that yeaster bunnies are actually pretty common during pregnancy, but doesn't it say something on the monistat container like you shouldn't use the stuff while you are pregnant? I think that the Dr. can prescribe something that is safer then the over the counter stuff, I dunno.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I haven't had one yet either, but my doctor told me at my very first visit that I shouldn't be surprised if I get one or more yeast infections before this is all over.

I'd trade you if I could. I'll take your yeast infection if you take my dry bloody nose. lol!
Gayle

Old 06-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #5
(female)

siconik HB User

Hi girls,
Gayle0000, you do not want to get one, believe me!
I have been having yeast infection since my first pregnancy - on and off, it became chronic, treated with success for only a short time. I am also very sensitive in the area, I have blader infections that come and go. Maybe both are related, I do not know, but the symptoms sometimes are so severe and influence my attitude, my selfconfidence, my sexlife.

Old 06-28-2005, 06:14 AM   #6
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

Hi guys thanks for all your input, I actually was able to get into the doctor yesterday and he gave me a full exam, I most definately had a yeast infection, he have me a 3 day cream treatment to use and also he said there was a showing of blood and white cells in my urine which most likely means a UTI, so he also out me on an antibiotic (100mg Macrobid) 2xper day and I have to go back Wednesday for a followup, I also have major swelling in my feet, but my BP was 130 over 80 and there was no protein found in my urine, so he was not too concerned about Toxemia yet. But yes, a yeast infection is the worst and most uncomfortable thing to go through, but after my 1st cream treatment lastnight I already feel 50% better.

Closed Thread