It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Question Pain in the Groin

Lately at night aside from having leg cramps, it feels like i've pulled a groin muscle. I don't see how because i do no manual labor. Does anyone else feel like this and what do you do about it?

Old 06-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
(female)

Angela3 HB User
Re: Pain in the Groin

I did really bad with my third, she's 6 weeks tomorrow.... I would need to have hot baths to help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I am having the same pain but not just in my groin. I asked my doctor about it last week cause it is so bad that it hurts to walk. I am also hurting REALLY bad in my pubic bone. Which my doctor described it to me as my pelvic bones seperating & getting ready for child birth. I am having my 4th c-section so that scared me. Now I am worried to death I'll go into labor. I never felt this with my 1st 3 before. I actually have no solutions for the pain other than like the 1st reply said & take warm baths. I try to stay off my feet & lay down a lot which seems to help some.

Good Luck!
Chris(34wks)

Old 06-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I went about 2 weeks with severe groin pain right at the bend on my leg, I felt like I pulled a muscle. We were working around the house although I wasn't doing any of the heavy lifting or anything but still the extra movement got to me and I was in tears and had to "hold myself" to walk which is very attractive when you are out in public. heh

Mine finally eased up but occasionally it comes back, it's only on my right side.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #5
(female)

wyliemom HB User

I have the same pain right now. It hurts soo much to walk or sleep. It feels like I pulled muscles, but I havent been doing anything. Some one told me to try tailor sitting ( with the bottom of your feet touching and you pull your legs in as close as your can to stretch) almost like indian sitting. And then Ive been told hot baths. At night if I dont keep a pillow between my legs it will hurt worse during the night and the next day. So try the pillow at night also. I hope you and I both start to feel better soon..lol.. Let me know what works for you..

Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I found this thread again because I've been researching this online.

The groin pain I've had that HAD eased up back when I posted has been horrible the months since I posted this. THIS WAS IN JUNE! No wonder it feels like my groin is going to collapse. lol

I am so close to the end but I am really scared that I am going to have problems giving birth with a pulled groin, It's definitely pulled.

I cry to get in and out of bed at night a million times to go pee. I can't sleep on the couch either because it's too low and the bed is too high. Right now I have pain patches on the side of my leg/groin area. They help a little but nothing can take the pain away. I've tried ice, maternity belt, etc...

Has anyone had a child with a pulled groin? A C-section is looking better and better.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #7
(female)

OctoberMom2be HB User

yea i get the groin pain too it switches from one side to another, i just figure its part of this miracle we are goin through

Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberMom2be
yea i get the groin pain too it switches from one side to another, i just figure its part of this miracle we are goin through

mine doesn't switch at all it's deep and pulled. The dr told me unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it until after I have the baby.

I figure mine happened because I didn't gain weight this pregnancy other than gaining back a few lbs I lost at the beginning from being so sick. So I am actually what I was 9 months ago and I have a baby that is "estimated" at 6lbs 8 oz. as of last week so that is taking away from what I weighed in the beginning. My body didn't expand so it collapsed. =/

Last edited by MissT; 09-22-2005 at 07:47 PM.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:19 PM   #9
(female)

fiveftsmall HB User

I askeda nurse about this, because sometimes if I get up too fast, I feel like I've pulled a muscle in my uterus or something. She said something about a "round ligament" and that your uterus is growing, so it hurts to stretch it..it's normal.

I got this from the "**********" site.

"What is round ligament pain?
It's generally a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester of pregnancy. You may feel it as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting up from a bed or chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. Or you may feel it as a dull ache after a particularly active day, say when you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity.

The round ligaments support your uterus in your pelvis. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it. These changes can occasionally cause you pain on one or both sides of your abdomen. You may feel the pain starting from deep inside your groin, moving upward and outward on either side to the top of your pelvis (where your hips are). The pain is internal, but if you were to trace it on your skin, it would follow the bikini line on a very high-cut bathing suit."

Old 09-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #10
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Quote:
I am also hurting REALLY bad in my pubic bone.
I know! I feel like mine is about to give out! the baby is really low, plus all my bones are "getting ready" so its definetly a little sore. My feet hurt too.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

It has been almost exactly 3 months since i started this post and boy how the pain has changed. I mean i come home at night and I lay down and when i get up i have to walk soooooooooooo slow. The babys head is now very far down there. I was wondering why during the day i don't feel this pain. It's only after I am laying down or after being on my feet all day.

Closed Thread