It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

Amber81499 HB User
Unhappy induce?

Hi! I need some help on this one. I am being induced on Wed. morning and I am scared to death. This is my second pregnancy and with my first I went into labor on my own and even though my labor was long (18 hours ) it was natural and without any drugs. I did have an epidural. There is nothing wrong with this pregnancy other than the fact that I have been dialated to a 3 and 80% afface for almost 10 days. I also have this very "helpful" co-worker that told me this terrible story about how her neice got an epidural and went into cardiac arrest. Do you think this is common? I was a little anxious with my first pregnancy but I am scared to death this time and I dont know why. Help please before I go nuts.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User
Re: induce?

I wanted to be induced and I would never do it again. my 1st labor was 4 1/2 hours my water broke and they gave me pit for about a half an hour till I had a good pattern.My epiduril didn't work though. My second was induced & 18 1/2 hours long.I had two epidurils my 1st epiduril went wrong and went straight to my head (hurt worse than my worst contraction) and the 2nd didn't work at all exept for spacing out my contractions.Lots of people have good experiences too though. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

OK there are some horror stories but on the whole, I think most folks find the epidurals to be very helpful. I have three sisters and 4 sisters-in-law and out of the 7 of them, 5 have had epidurals ( the other 2 managed to go without anything). Of the ones who had them, none have said that they wish that they hadn't.

I may be induced next week and I can't wait. I have had preeclampsia and am having a hard time controlling my blood presssure. It's also really uncomfortable. For me and my baby, it makes sense to get him out sooner rather than later.

Read through the posts. Many women have had great success with the epidurals. If this is what you choose to do, the statistics are in your favor fot it turning out well.

Now, let's talk about fear of having those membranes stripped! YIKES!

Old 06-28-2005, 06:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

I was induced three weeks ago today and though it was more painful then with my DS labor it wasn't horrible. I just felt the pain more because with pitocin the contractions are a little more intense. I had an epidural both times and I am fine!! Just when you need the epidural GET IT!!! I cancled mine because my lil miss was still too high to break the bag of water so I thought it would slow down my labor omg about 30 mins after canceling my epidural is when the REAL horrible pains came. I know that if I had just gotten the epidural from when I wanted they could have just uped the pitocin but I wasn't thinking. I was in labor for 12 hours and pushed her out in 20 mins. My labor with my son was 36 hours and 10 of real labor and I pushed him out in 30 mins. The thing I hated about being induced was I couldn't walk or take a bath just lay there and only be able to get up to pee. Good luck!! Tomorrow is the big day YEAH!!
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Closed Thread