It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

aWorrier777 HB User
Fetal movement

I'm just now 20 weeks. For the last week, I have been feeling the baby bump around in there. For a couple of weeks before that, I felt the flutters every now and then. My question is, at this point how often should I be feeling the baby move? I'm lucky if I feel a couple of bumps a day. Is that normal? It worries me when I don't feel him move but then I wonder if I am even supposed to be feeling him move on a regular basis yet. Please help.

Old 06-28-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Re: Fetal movement

I'm 19wks, so I don't feel too much movement, the same as you really. I've been reading my baby books ad searching the net for the same info and here is what I came across:

The baby's bones are hardening so you may not feel it much, but it will increase more and more as you progress. By the 28th week is when you should start counting fetal movements.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

I didn't feel regular daily movement until about 24 weeks. Until then I felt something (may have been gas) every couple days from 19-24 weeks.
I wouldn't worry too much, you really don't get the real sensation until at least 22 weeks.

Old 06-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Yeah don't worry, it will get harder and more often, then near the end they quit moving so much cause they run out of room. It is a marvelous feeling. I missed it after my DS was born, I know that sounds silly. But I am looking forward to feeling this little one moving about.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-29-2005, 06:48 AM   #5
(female)

aWorrier777 HB User

Thanks everyone

Old 06-29-2005, 08:02 AM   #6
(female)

Sliminside HB User

I`m 20 weeks today and i`ve not felt a thing yet but i do hope it will happen soon.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:49 AM   #7
BabyMomma26

I started gettin worried too and started a thread on this before, cause i worried so much! It was so reassuring to go to the DR and hear it and see it at the u/s. I am now 21 weeks and I feel him more. I feel it a lot when Im in bed. But I thin this one is gonna be a daddys boy cause when daddy kisses my belly, hes always squirming. I dont know if hes excited, or he does not want him touching him, but he moves! I noticed the more active I am, the more he moves too. You will be fine, and once you fee them, they wont go away cause mine are so much stronger!

Old 08-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

gosh....wat a relief. i've been worrying myself. i am just glad that i have an appt tomorrow to check if everything is alright. at 15 weeks, i did feel some kinda of "fluttering"...but now as 16 weeks and now 17 weeks rolled by....i haven't felt much. i guess because i've been "expecting" more movement. i've been really stressing out these past 4 days because one of my friend lost hers @ 15 weeks. so...i'm really freaked out! i hope all goes well....

Closed Thread