It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

donasmith HB User
A bit scared

Every month right before my appointment, I get nervous and a bit scared. Well, my big appointment is Thursday - 20 weeks where they do the big ultrasound i.e, check all the organs, heart etc.

We've been trying for 6 years to get pg and lost a pg 2 years ago. So, were really anxious about this pg.

We've had 3 ultrasounds already - the Dr. is a friend of ours and knows our history- and on each one everything is great. We've seen and heard the heart beat. I've recently heard of horror stories where they couldn't find the heartbeat. My question is: once you have heard/seen the heartbeat, what are the chances of something being wrong after that? Does that make sense?

We have one of those dopplers from Wal Mart that we use every night. It has gotten really easy to hear - what we think - is the heart beat. Does anyone else have this doppler? What is your experience w/ it? The sound we think is the heartbeat sounds like a horse trotting - really fast. I don't know what else it could be. Could we be mistaking it for something else?

I appreciate any information.

dona.
edd 11/18/05

Old 06-28-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
(female)

kirstyn HB User
Re: A bit scared

yes, I had one of those dopplers with my second prgnancy all though its really hard to hear the babys heartbeat until about 25 weeks some can hear before than mostly what I think your hearing is your blood flow to the baby wich is also just as important , Also I also heard horror stories and I even have one myslef but things turned out ok in the end but the best any of us can do is get regular check ups and eat healhy and try to keep active .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 12:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: A bit scared

Hi Donna,

I,too, had problems getting pg and had losses that made me so nervous when pg later. I know how that can weigh on your mind. Been there. One thing that helped me so much was when my sweet mother-in-law reminded me how many people there are in the world, so most preganacies really do have happy endings. Really. Hold that thought and enjoy each day to the fullest. It would be a shame to go into labor on time, have a lovely little baby, and realize that you were so worried for 9 months that you didn't cherish the miracle of being pregnant at last.

As to your question, the placenta makes a whoosh, whoosh sound that is the same speed as your heartbeat. The baby's heartbeat is much faster and sounds more like a soft bump, bump.

Wishing you great joy, Barbara

Closed Thread