It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Anxiety Disorder During Pregnancy

I have a question, did anyone here have anxiety or panic issues before pregnancy? Did you find that it got worse or better during pregnancy? I have anxiety and used to get panic attacka and I find that I am really anxious about eveythingm Im 8 weeks is this due to the hormones and wil it balance itself out?

Old 06-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User
Re: Anxiety Disorder During Pregnancy

hi! I am 33 weeks pregnant and also suffered from panic and anxiety before, and during this pregnancy... I am on a low dose of Zoloft and have been for over a year no. My OB recomended staying on it during my pregnancy. At first my anxiety was reallly bad , i thought it was getting worse, but now during my later months it seems to have gotten better. Though i still have a lot of anxiety ( about giving birth now..) my panic attacks are once every two weeks maybe, instead of 5-6 times a week. I still worry, but i am trying not to for the babies sake hehe. ITs HARD when you deal with what we have, and being pregnant can either exasperate it, or help it. atleast thats what my doc had told me. Good luck!!!!!! Hang in there...good to see we arent alone =)

Missy
Ava 8-11-05

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I have triend medicine before I was pregnant and it was not for me, I tried zoloft, paxil and effexxor and iy made me feel worse! so needless to say I dont take anything, I hope this doesnt get worse, i did not really feel depressed before but I do now, more so because I feel anxious and dont want to be, I may give meds another shot although I would rather not, because of past experiences with them but I refuse to suffer through this, I hate feeling this way

Old 06-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User

ya i know what you mean about the meds making you feel worse, i felt the same way, they started me out on paxil and after 3 days i had the worst panic attack ever and ended up in the ER--i swore i would never take anything else. I am afraid of meds of any kind, even tylenol--but then about a yr later i ended up trying zoloft, i was supposed to take the 25 mgs but ionly take 12.5. i dont even know if it helps or not. i stopped panic attacks but the constant worry is still there. I am sorry you have to go through this. There are books you can read that seem to help, about anxiety and what not. I hate feeling this way too!

Old 06-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User

I had the same thing going I used to have anxiety/panic attacks and I learned to kind of balance them out myself. When I found out I was pregnant though it came back strong and I almost was going to take meds for it. So far (14 weeks) I have been doing really good the panic feelings have gone almost away completely so it must have balanced out. I hope yours can balance out too and I hope you feel better soon I am not exactly sure when the feeling went away but it was maybe a couple weeks ago.

Good luck

Old 06-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Natasha it is so good to hear that it went away for you, I am hoping that once thet levels of hormone mellow out that I will feel better! I am hoping for that! I want to enjoy being pregnant but right now I am consumed with panic and worry

Old 06-29-2005, 04:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

I also suffer from panic and anxiety and I am only 3 1/2 weeks pregnant. I am on Lexipro. I saw my DR yesterday and he wants me to try to go without it and see how I do, but if I don't do well, I will be back on the meds.

I am curious as to how this is going to affect me. It is all a waiting game!

Closed Thread