It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 12:17 PM   #1

sharp3951 HB User
what should i do

I have been trying to get pregnant for the 3rd time since January. My second baby died last October shortly after birth. My first pregnancy 7 years ago i got pregnant just like that with not even trying. My second pregnancy the 6 month i took clomid and i got pregnant and then my baby was born with no kidneys and he died. So my 5th month of trying this time i took Vitex and Vit B6 still no luck. Should i just ask my doc for Clomid this month? I also had a pregnancy test show positive before my second child and then i started my period 2 days later. This past January the same thing happened to me. I worry about the clomid because my baby that was conceived with clomid died. Should i try the vitex again or should i go for the clomid? Sometimes people make me so angry around here. I have a couple of friends that got pregnant both times on the first try with no complications and they say to me, "Just have fun with it and dont think about trying to get pregnant." How can i have fun after all that i have been through. My poor little baby boy. I miss him so much and every time i start my af i cry for days. What should i do, should i just give up. My 1st child will be 7 years old in October and i don't want my kids too far apart. Is that too late now? Please respond i am so depressed.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User
Re: what should i do

It is certainly not too late, your kids will still be friends for life, even with the difference in age. I don't know about the clomid / vitex questions, but I just want you to know that it will happen when it is meant to be. Try to stay positive, especially for your 7 year old. Sending baby dust.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

Don't give up! It is definately not too late. I would go to your DR and tell him your concerns about clomid. I know that it would be hard to use clomid after what you have gone through but after talking with your DR I would try it again. I wish I could be of more help, I do think you should try it again. Best of luck to you.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
(female)

TJR HB User

I can't say that I have experienced what you have, but I do know what it feels like to want a baby and have stupid af start every month. When I first started having sex I prayed for her every month. Whenever something was different I said "Oh no its stress related" Now I can't seem to get rid of her! And anything different makes me think Im pregnant. *Sigh* I guess the only thing I can say is to hang in there. Try the Chlomid again. There have been success stories from Chlomid users. *See Kalebs Mom's posts* Im truly sorry for your loss. But not every pregnancy with Chlomid will result that way. Try to be positive! (I know easier said then done) but we're here for you!

Last edited by TJR; 06-28-2005 at 12:45 PM.

Old 06-28-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Sharp,
Hi, first I want to say how sorry I am for your loss! I can't imagine what you are going thru. I know how difficult it was for me with 4 years of TTC but I didn't have the loss you had. I did have a period of time where I cried everytime AF came and it is difficult.

I don't think its to late for you, your 7year old will be a great help to you with the baby. I have a niece that was that age when my DS was born and she loves him so and is great with him.

I did conceive with Clomid, I actually was very lucky with Clomid and conceived both times I used it with my first cycle. My DS is perfectly healthy so I don't know about a link to the Clomid and the problem your DS had. I am only 11 wks now so I don't know of any health issues with this baby as of yet! I am afraid I am not familiar with the other drug you mentioned but you should ask your Dr. and maybe check the infertility board, they may be more familiar with the 2 in comparison. I would think with what happened to your DS that your OB would watch this pregnancy more closely which should bring you a little comfort. And your DD was born healthy so you know there is no reason you won't have another healthy baby! And I know that won't ease your pain and loss, but I do hope that you find the strength to get thru this time and come out with another beautiful healthy baby. Sending Baby dust your way, you will be in my prayers. Do let us know how you do.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-28-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #6

sharp3951 HB User

Thank u all so very much for your encouragement. My oldest son's name is Caleb. The Vitex is an herb that is suppose to be a natural form of clomid. I think i will try the clomid again. It's just so scary. This has been so hard for me. My son wanted a baby brother so bad. He got one and then his baby brother died. So i know its been hard on him too. I have been charting my temp so i am ovulating but i have a lot of spotting around day 9 and day 10 after ovulation up until i start my af. Thanks again to u all.

Closed Thread