It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

TESS1 HB User
Morning Sickness

I was reading on another thread that it is better to have morning sickness, than to not have it. I am 11 weeks and have not had any morning sickness, just low grade nauseous in the morning. I had bad morning sickness with my daughter 12 years ago and I was so happy when I did not experience it this time, until of course I read that other thread. Does anybody know anything about this or not?

Old 06-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User
Re: Morning Sickness

I have 4 children and NEVER had any m/s with any of them. I'm not sure if it is heridatary(not sure of sp,lol) or not but my mom nor my sister's ever had it either..I guess you should be happy and hope you dont get it.
Take Care,
Ralinda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I think some people are so worried about losing their baby or developing problems that they look to anything as a signal they are still pregnant...especially early on before the baby belly & more obvious baby signs are present.

Also, people early on are so eager & excited to be pregnant that they embrace the m/s just as a reminder they are pregant.

My doctor even commented on my m/s as a sign all was going normal...it's because I was having m/s so bad & begged for drugs to take the edge off. It was his way of putting a different spin on my thought process & trying to make me feel better about my sickness.

There are so many people that don't get m/s. They are are lucky ones, in my opinion. M/s is a b****, and it couldn't get over soon enough for me.
Gayle

Old 06-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

TESS1 HB User

Thanks. That makes me feel much better.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:44 AM   #5
(female)

traycei HB User

i had wrote that in one of my threads
my dr. told me wher ei have had so many misscarriages that is was better for me to be sick then not to be.
thats all i meant by it nothing else
sorry if i confused anyone

Old 06-29-2005, 08:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

My mom didn't have any m/s with either of her pregnancies. She felt fantastic throughout the whole 9 months. I on the other hand got diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum which is extreme and severe m/s. Every woman is different...just one of those things.

Take care.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

well i am 9 weeks pregnant...and i get morning sickness all the time. this is my second pregnancy...and i remember not feeling this way with my first pregnancy. i think it's best not to have the morning sickness. at first i thought it might be because i am 29 and i had my first child at 22. thought AGE had a factor....but man, this is horrible. i am happy that you don't have m/s. just speaking on opinions here...i mean, i lost almost 5 lbs since being pregnant because of all my m/s. so i'd say...be happy!

Old 06-29-2005, 09:23 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User

Tess -

I am just over 7 weeks and I am just like you... just some mild nausea in the morning or when I haven't eaten... in fact, I was just talking to my mom about this very subject last night! She had 4 pregnancies and wasn't ever sick at all! I guess we should just consider ourselves lucky. I have been having a bout with some major fatigue lately, although I am also having trouble falling and staying asleep at night - go figure!

Old 06-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I didnt have m/s with my other two and I have it really bad with this one, I dont think it makes a difference, I wouldnt worry about it, my other two were healthy!

Closed Thread