It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #1

joeyrose HB User
Question Any luck with early result hpt's - how early?

Hi. We are trying to conceive our second child (our daughter is 15 months old and we conceived her on the first try), and it is the end of month three (of trying). I tested two days before my missed period with her, and it was positive. Well, now I get all excited each month and start taking early result hpt's about 4 days before I expect my period. They are always negative (I'm not pregnant), and I am starting to waste a lot of money on these tests (and aggravate myself in the process)! So, my question to you ladies is this: how many days before your missed period were you able to get a positive result? For those who answer the above question, did you get a negative result before that (possibly the day before)? Please share your experiences with me.

~Jessie
Mommy of Joey Rose, 15 months

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
chloesmum

Thumbs up Re: Any luck with early result hpt's - how early?

Hi! I started testing about 4 days before I knew my next period was about to begin. My first one was neg, the second was inconclusive, and then within the next couple of times after that, they all began showing pos. Hope this helps! I know that alot of people say that all pregnancy test are the same no matter how much they cost, but I honestly think that the higher-cost brands like EPT, First Response, and Clearblue Easy are more able to pick up the pregnancy hormone in your urine a little earlier then like, the Target brand of hpts. Good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 02:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User
Re: Any luck with early result hpt's - how early?

I used the First Response, and tested 5 days after my period was late. I know it's hard to wait but that's the only way to save money on taking unnecessary tests. Even then my line was very very light, I think if I took it before I expected my period it would have tested negative. Good luck

Old 06-29-2005, 07:03 AM   #4
(female)

Kathrynerudd HB User

JoeyRose,
Hi, I took my pregnancy test about 3 days before my suspected period, just because I couldn't wait anymore. I waited a couple of minutes, and sure enough, there was a very faint line. (I had never had a line on ones I had taken before, so I knew I was pregnant) I then tried to wait again, and ended up taking another one the next day. Same faint line. I took one the day I was supposed to start, and the line was even darker. I used the 2 tests in one package. I think it was first response. (Brain Fart) Good luck to everyone ttc. Take Care! )

Old 06-29-2005, 07:12 AM   #5
(female)

Heidi1220 HB User

I took a First Response two days before my period was due and it was negative. I then to the second test in the pack a day or two after my period was late and it was positive.

I've read online there are tests that can pick up the hcg hormone 8-9 days after conception (I think AIM is one of them). I've tried these in the past, but not actually the month I became pregnant so they were all negative.

Hope this helps and Good Luck. ***** Sending baby dust your way *****

Heidi

Old 06-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #6

joeyrose HB User

Thanks, everyone! I took a test this morning, two days before my period is due, and it was negative. I am probably not pregnant. When we conceived our daughter, we were travelling in Ireland, and I was eating food that didn't go through all the stuff that American food goes through before it gets to us. I reminded my husband of this today and he reminded me that people in America DO have babies. Hee hee. I am not going to feel sorry for myself, because I do have a beautiful, healthy, wonderful daughter. I think I'm not getting pregnant fast because I know what to expect (I hated the physical symptoms of being pregnant!!) and my body is resisting it, and because my daughter fulfills my baby need. I think it would be good for her to grow up with siblings (I am/was an only child), though, and I have tons of love to spread around. Maybe next month.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I am an impatient person, so I started testing a week after we started trying. I bought a lot of the dollar tree hpt's to test with but by the 13th dpo I got a very faint pos. so I went & bought the early response hpt & it was also a faint pos. So the cheap dollar tree brand test was correct. Also if you are testing early use 1st morning urine. If you drink a lot of water before taking a test it will dilute the urine & make the test incorrect.

Good Luck!
Chris (34wks2days)

Closed Thread