It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

JoJo's Girl HB User
Anyone Pg with pre-existing back condition?

Hi ladies. My DH and I have officially started TTC. Question, though--I have a lower lumbar back injury (herniated disc) and was wondering if anyone out there had a similar problem before conceiving, and if so, how is it affecting your pregnancy? I've heard that back pain is pretty common (and painful) during pregnancy--does having the pre-existing problem make it worse? Does it affect you during the whole pregnancy or from a certain point onward? Any insight would help me greatly. Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 PM   #2
(female)

bacardi73 HB User
Re: Anyone Pg with pre-existing back condition?

I don't have back problems, but I do have a problem with my tailbone. I cracked it when I was younger and it still bothers me now. I had back and tailbone pain through my entire pregnancy. Also, through labor that is where I felt all the pain. The best solution I found was just to get up and slowly walk around. It helped alot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: Anyone Pg with pre-existing back condition?

Scoliosis and a floating verbrae (Ok I know that's not the correct term)

I just made sure my OB was aware of the issues, actually requested a C-section cause I was SO afraid of screwing my back up with all the pushing....she wouldn't do that but made notes of it in my chart and promised I wouldn't be allowed to labor as long as 'normal' patients before a C-section. I went vaginally, (Chart allowed for 6 hours of labor....I delivered my DD after 5 1/2 hours of labor!!!!!) and marched my butt into the chiropractor ASAP....

I had to visit my chiropractor more often during the pregnancy and take back rubs whenever I could LOL!

Closed Thread