It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Going from 2-3 kids

I have a question, I have these anxieties of going from 2-3 kids, It was alot of work going from 1-2 so I am just wondering if it is much different or if things will fall right into place....my two at home are 7 and 4 and basically self suffieicent in a way , meaning I dont have to run after them for eveything, would you say it will be even harder with number 3?

Last edited by Valerie_s; 06-29-2005 at 12:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Re: Going from 2-3 kids

Hey Im going from 2-3 also. My daughters are 7 and 5 and Ive enjoyed not having to run after them as much any more. So I have the same anxiety as you about it. Also how they will react to the attention I have to give the new baby and so forth. It was difficult going from 1-2, but we made it through it. So Im thinking and this is purely guessing that it wont be as hard as we think. Because we did it with 2 that were younger when we had our second. This third baby is coming at a time that we wont have younger children to keep after too. Does that make sense? So I think it will be easier in alot of ways, but Im sure we will need some time to adjust to having a little one again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

I am just guessing but I would think that with the age of your other children they may be alot of help to you! Especially with entertaining the baby!

I will be going from 1 to 2 and have my concerns since there will only be 19 months difference. I also had a bit of concern when the Dr. was talking about a chance of my carrying twins this time. But after an ultrasound we only saw one! I am sure like you said it will have alot to do with how the other children react to the addition and the amount of time the new baby will take.

I wish you both luck.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #4
(female)

fillorbust HB User

I have got to tell you that going from 2-3 kids isn't as big a deal as having the 1st or going from 1-2. My 3rd was born when the older 2 were 5 and 7. I must say that they were and still are a BIG help with the baby. The more you include them, the better!! They love to show attention to the little one and help out with the things that they can. We are now expecting #4 and they will be about 17mos apart. Thank God that I have a great husband and 2 wonderful older children (now almost 7 and 9) to help out!!
Good luck to you, I think it'll all work out fine..

Old 06-30-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
BabyMomma26

I agree, my kids were younger, 3&4 and they were fine. My middle wanted a little more attention, but he was good, and the oldest, he ALWAYS wanted to help! With everything, sometimes I had to tell him no cause he was just all over the place. Now I am going from 3-4. My middle, again, is not acting jealous, or for more attention, but he went from tough guy to a cry baby. He wines at EVERYTHING now! I dont know what it is . And my youngest is 18 months old and the middle one tells me "I hate my baby brother" while in one of the crying fits he has. That might also be b/c he does not want to share and when he takes a toy from the 18mon old I make him give it back, and thats when it starts
Good Luck, youll do fine

Old 06-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Yeah when I had my second daughter my oldest at the time was 2 yrs and 2 mths to the day. She was soo jealous and actually regressed in her potty training and sleeping patterns. But some how we got through that and they play and fight just like best friends. Now with this one the oldest is excited and wanting to already talk about holding the baby and changing diapers. But my younger daughter or soon to be middle child, still says shes the baby and is wanting to start sleeping with me. So I try to explain to her that she will always be my baby just like her other sisters will always be my babies. And that I love her just the same and she will enjoy being the BIG sister this time. She has gotten a little better about it, but sometimes needs that reassurance. There is a class you can take siblings to, to teach them how to change diapers, hold the baby and make them feel involved in the pregnancy as well as after the baby is here. I just cant remember where I saw the ad at. It was overwhelming when I had my second daughter, just because they were so close in age. But I adjusted and they did too. I think them being older is going to make it much easier this time around. At least I hope it does.

Brandie

Alyssa Renae- 4/14/1998
Madison Hope- 6/14/2000
Hanna Faith- EDD 10/11/2005

Last edited by wyliemom; 06-30-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Closed Thread