It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

angiedaw HB User
BFP-don't feel pregnant

I bought a two pack of FR tests. Tested on Sunday night and Monday morning, both a very dark positive line. I tested with this same brand 2 weeks ago, and got two very faint lines, that disappeared within 30 minutes. I think those were faulty ones. These two recent ones though, the dark line is still there, 3 days later. Is it possible that it could be wrong?
I just don't feel pregnant(boobs are a tad bit tender, but that's all the symptoms I have, if you can call that a symptom). I don't know how far along I am, since my cycles are wacky since going off the pill last fall.I had intense cramps a 9 days ago, which I thought was implantation, which is why I took the test 5 days later-positive.
I go to the doctor tomorrow night, but I just need reassurance that I am indeed pregnant. I just don't feel it.

Angie

Old 06-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User
Re: BFP-don't feel pregnant

It sounds as though you for sure are I have read many times that there is usually not a false positive with tests only really false negatives. I also think with the first ones you may not have been far enough along with the hormones to have the test come back a dark positive, I took one about 3 days before period was due and it was ept digital read. The digital part said not pregnant. I took the stick out to throw away and noticed a light line where it would say pregnant. I had slight bleeding and cramps like I was getting my period about 3 days later, when due and figured it was right. Bleeding stopped same night and nothing happened for another 3 days so I took another one. Pregnant I was trying and didn't expect to get it so soon. I was also pretty much in disbelief pretty much up until I saw the first ultrasound Now I am a believer lol. I hope this is what you wanted and good luck at the doctor tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

i did not at all even suspect i was pregnant...i found out when i was 5 weeks and hadn't had a single identifiable symptom other than fatigue...the funny thing is that after i found out, i felt EVERY symptom...maybe psychological? anyway, i didn't start feeling pregnant mentally until i started getting big...

Old 06-29-2005, 10:37 PM   #4
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User

Forgot to put that, I didn't have anything but fatigue also, I just thought I was overworking or something. I havent gotten any morning sickness either if it didnt go by missing period and taking a test I still wouldn't know I am preg. No weight gain a slight change in my waistline but no gain at 14.5 weeks. I was a little bit bigger in the beginning so I may not gain a whole lot right now.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

I took 3 different brands and all got BFP. I went to the DR and he told me that I was 4 weeks along. I don't feel pregnant at all. Maybe a little fatigue. but other then that, nothing. *knock on wood*

If you got a BPF, then the hormone was detected. My DR asked me when I called if my test was positive, I said: "Well, there was two lines there, but I am not sure so I took another. There was two lines there too, but I don't know".

He laughed and said, "If you got two lines, it's positive. False positives are VERY rare".

I bet you are pregnant! Keep us updated!

Old 06-30-2005, 04:54 AM   #6
(female)

angiedaw HB User

my concern is that I don't feel fatigued at all. If anything, I have more energy than normal. I know with ds 6 years ago, I was sick and fatigued by now.
Angie

Old 06-30-2005, 06:08 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Just remember every pregnancy is different so don't go by what you felt last time. I too had tons of energy in the beginning and didn't have any morning sickness till 12 weeks.
As for the pregnancy tests my doc said the same thing the previous poster mentioned, that very rarely do you get a false positive.
So congrats! Take it easy and enjoy, it's a very exciting time!

Closed Thread