It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User
early u/s

Okay, for all of you who have had ultrasounds at 6wks or earlier I'd love to hear some input (or from anyone who knows about these things).

I had an u/s done at 6wks (I am absolutely positively sure about my dates; wouldn't be humanly possible any other time). I'm still waiting for the report from the radiologist but the tech said that there is a sac and a yolk sac but she can't see any baby stuff yet. She reassured me that it doesn't mean there's nothing there it just means she can't see it.

At one point she thought maybe she saw something and zoomed in. She turned the sound on to see if she could hear a hb but there was nothing. They said the sac measured 5wks 4days which I realize is only three days off but I KNOW my dates.

They're scheduling another one next week since this one was "inconclusive" (inconclusive for what?!?!?). So anyway it's back to more waiting. I'll be getting the report tomorrow so hopefully that'll clear some things up for me but if anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it.

Did anyone else here have an u/s at 6wks and only see a yolk sac?

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Old 06-29-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
(female)

cassandrasmommy HB User
Re: early u/s

on the early u/s they are looking for sizes of the uterus and fetus. it is possible that your baby stuff is hiding or just not "in place" yet. or there is the possibility that your dr doesnt seem to know what she's doing.
DD-12/12/05
DS-8/7/09

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 04:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

That happenned to me. It was Week #5 (though I didn't know what week at the time) where I took the HPT and then got the PT at my doctor's office.

Week #6 was my first exam, blood tests, and vaginal sonogram on the same day. Nothing showed on the sonogram. Doctor got the blood tests for the homrmone levels back & had me come in agan during Week #6 for another vaginal sonogram. Nothing showed up again.

Checked my blood AGAIN in the 6th week, and had me come in 3 days later. At my 3rd vaginal sonogram in Week 7 plus 2 days he was able to find the pregnancy and determine the age/EDD. I did see the heart beating in there, but there was some SERIOUS zooming on the screen to view it.
Gayle

Old 06-30-2005, 05:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I posted my situation on the february link....

Old 06-30-2005, 05:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13
Hi ladies! well I have an update. It's not too discouraging so I don't plan on getting upset yet - i guess its one of the downfalls to learning you are pregnant EARLY. Anyway,,,, this is my first pregnancy and I am 35 just a reminder... I THINK my last period was around May 20th or May 27th? goodness I know its bad to NOT know. anyway... I had an u/s really early because I felt some weird consistant pain (uncomfortable) feeling in lower stomach. NO spotting etc.

My u/s tech told me i had a cyst and no worries yesterday - I met with the ob today and he said that he doesn't think i am at 5-6 weeks he thinks I am at 3 weeks! He said that is good news because if I were 5-6 then the baby wouldn't be looking too good.

So.. they ran a blood test today and I go in again friday for another one - looking for a spike to see if the fetus is growing because they couldn't find anything just a sac. From my research online this happens fairly often when they don't have a good angle in ultra sound or ... you are not as far along as they originally thought. I have another u/s scheduled for July 11th! Sometimes some women haven't seen anything but a sac and NO hearbeat till 10weeks!! whoa eh?

I guess learning early is tough because you want to be excited but.... so I am pretty laid back about it right now - just tired alot lately and sore breasts still... No pitty party here yet! LOL I just wanted to share my story in case anyone else has a similar experience and needs encouragement.

xx friday

Old 06-30-2005, 05:40 AM   #6
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

Mine was 6 weeks 5 days and they just seen a Yolk sac and another sac. I just watched a good show on Discovery Health the other night it is called "In the womb" see if you could find it and watch it, its pretty interesting. On my 10 week scan it starting looking a little more like a baby.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I think its going to take me a while before anything positive shows up on an u/s !! Thanks for your info!! its encouraging!! I will try to TIVO the show you mentioned~!!

Old 06-30-2005, 05:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

I was seeing an RE with my first pregnancy and had taken Clomid he had me come in at what I had figured would have been 6 wks and like you all they saw was the sac and yolk. So he had me come back the next week cause he said I wasn't 6 wks, but 5 wks, well like you I knew my dates. But he said I must have ovulated late with the Clomid (and I was using ovulating predictors, but they were hard to read). So I went back the next week and I saw it as soon as it came on the screen that sweet little heart pumping away. So then I was released to my OB. Goodluck to you, keep us posted.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-30-2005, 07:10 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Thank you all so much!! Your posts are SO encouraging. I was kind of giving up on thinking that this preg was going to go well (I have had 5 miscarriages).

I'll know when my next u/s is today.

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Old 06-30-2005, 09:43 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

The dr called and said my ultrasound looked fine. Since we're trying to verify viability of the pregnancy though he wants to do another one on Tuesday. He said we should definitely see a heart beat by then.

By my dates I'll be 7wks 1 day at that point by the u/s date I'll be 6wks. 5days.

So I'm hoping!

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Old 06-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Well keep us posted.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

My doc wouldn't give me an ultrasound until approximately 7wks because she said they may not see anything earlier than that. I was 7wks 4days when they did the ultrasound.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Good luck. Give us an update!
Gayle

Closed Thread