It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

JessieJ711 HB User
Question Pregnancy and Muscle relaxers

I'm wondering if anyone knows if you are supposed to take muscle relaxers while you are pregnant. My sister is pregnant and taking muscle relaxers, I have a bad feeling about it.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

KLKL HB User
Re: Pregnancy and Muscle relaxers

Hello,
Well, first of all while pregnant, it is important that she consult with the doctor about any medications she is taking for assurance of baby's health.
Secondly, I am not a doctor or any thing but i know this much that it really depends how far along she is. I had to take strong pain killers in my first trimester and the docotr Oked it. So I don't know if that would answer your question.
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 05:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Re: Pregnancy and Muscle relaxers

Jessie - I have Terrible muscle spasms due to back and neck problems - had neck surgery (min. invasive) and have been on soma for 5 years... NO matter what her ob says ... she cannot quit something like that cold turkey - it can abort the baby. If she feels she would like to discontinue them she needs to go off them slowly backing down her intake.

I am doing that now. My ob said at first you MUST stop ya da ya da
then when I brought up the abort information he said you are right that can happen and muscle relaxers that I am taking soma... has not been proven to hurt the baby - or my pain killer darvocet. So now he has approved my going off them and I am doing a GREAT job! its going very fast....

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread