It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
(male)

Joe72 HB User
Could my girlfriend be pregnant?

Alright, heres the scenario...
A few weeks ago we had sex and it was unsure whether or not I ejaculated inside of her. I don't think I did and there were no indications that I did. She is on the pill and does not miss any days. She was due for her period sunday/monday of this week and it is now thursday. She said that she had it, but it was coming slowly and now its going away. She says this has happened before and its came back, but not this late. Shes gained some weight in the past month, thats why she believes shes pregnant, but I've heard that sudden weight gain could be a cause of why she is late. Also she has endometriosis, so whenever she has her period its painful to go to the bathroom and she said that thats come as usual. Shes also been under a lot of stress this past month, so could that be another reason why she is late? She is concerned because of the weight, the fact that shes late, the fact that its going away. I'm concerned because shes concerned.

What do you all think? Is it possible shes pregnant? Or is it likely that w/ all of this that she can be this late?

Old 06-30-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: Could my girlfriend be pregnant?

Well anytime you have unprotected intercourse it is always possible. But her being on the pill makes it unlikely that she is pregnant (as long as she hasn't taken any antibotics at the same time cause they will counteract the pill). The fact that she is under stress and has had a weight gain can also as you said prolong AF. The best thing to do is to take a HPT!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-30-2005 at 07:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 07:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

It was a couple weeks ago you had sex, well why doesn't she take a pregnancy test to make sure? Get to a Dr. and have a urine or blood test. How long has she been on the pill as well? And yes any amount of stress can cause your menstraul cycle to be late a day or even a week...sometimes more. If you're really that concerned have her get to a Dr. to be entirely sure.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:19 AM   #4
(male)

Joe72 HB User

Red, shes been on the pill for a good amount of months maybe even a year. What about the case of her period coming slowly and then going away? She says its not gone yet but its leading to it? Could this mean anything or is it linked to her stress and weight gain etc.?

Old 06-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
(male)

Joe72 HB User

A little update...
She says that she has had her period just not how she expected it. If shes had it at all then wouldn't that mean shes not pregnant? She says that you can still get it, just not as much though. Any thoughts?

Old 06-30-2005, 08:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

She just needs to take a pregnancy test if she or your are unsure. It's the only way to find out, and knowing one way or another relieves a lot of worrying.
Gayle

Old 06-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

OKay, i don't know why either..I'm not saying ya'll are in the clear or anything because as another poster stated there's always a chance for pregnancy when it's unprotected. I really don't know why either, but on some months I tended to have a light period...sometimes it would only last for 4 days, but then again the next month i would have a full blown period lasting the entire week. It really varies for me, I really don't know why. I always thought it was normal and never really gave it much thought. If she is under a certain amount of stress then yes it can throw your menstraul cycle to wack...been there done that. I agree in just having your g/f take a home pregnancy test to be sure.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

Hi There.

I too have endometriosis and it can do strange things with your cycle both on and off the pill. I would suggest taking a HPT just to be sure. it sounds like she is a bit scared and she is correct. Some women can have a light cycle the first month they are PG. Try to get her to relax because the more she worries the more it can effect her cycle. If she is still not convinced with test she can go get a blood test from her Dr. to determine for sure if she is or is not PG.

Hang in there!

Old 06-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #9
(male)

Joe72 HB User

Can she even take a pregancy test during her period, even if its this light one?

Old 06-30-2005, 07:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Joe,

She can take a pregnancy test whenever. If it's been a couple of weeks since you had sex, then it's probably time. Take one now and if it's negative and you are still tense, take another in a couple of weeks. It's the only way you will find out for sure. It sounds like you guys are really sweating this out and you don't have to. If you'd rather get a medical opinion, go to a Planned Parenthood or Family Planning Clinic wherw it is cheap to free and very private. You will feel better once you know. It sounds to me that she is most likely not pregnant but there really is only one way to find out.

TEST!

-Jen

Old 06-30-2005, 08:02 PM   #11
(male)

Joe72 HB User

She took the test earlier today and it came out negative... we were only unsure just because shes on her period kind of i guess and didn't know if that would make a difference. IDK. Her sister got all paranoid cuz she told her that she had put on weight... and then she asked all these questions etc and then that got my girlfriend started up. Her periods not really any different she says.. its just late and light. This happens before and it kinda goes away then comes back heavy. Just the fact that its lates got her in a loop.

Anyways thanks everyone for all your help, you're all wonderful.

Closed Thread